27; narration

lucas kept his phone in his pocket as soon as jungwoo came back after he talked to doyoung over the phone, with 2 cans of coke at his hands. jungwoo sat beside lucas and smiled at him, making the younger smile back too. jungwoo's smile is just the purest he has seen and he can stare at him all day long- if jungwoo won't mind.

"why are you staring like that?" jungwoo asked, slightly raising a brow. but lucas seemed like he is somewhat mesmerized by him.

"because you're pretty. i can't help it." lucas answered, half conscious to whatever he's doing or saying right now. jungwoo blushed, he is surely flustered yet flattered at the same time. he smiled sheepishly at lucas while rubbing his nape slowly. he then handed the coke to lucas.

"what did doyoung told you?" lucas asked, starting a conversation once again before opening the can and drink up a little. jungwoo looked at him, like remembering what his friend said just a few minutes ago.

"he just informed me that wendy noona assigned the both of us to be MCs for the competition! we'll practice in a few minutes, i think?" jungwoo said, making lucas nod at him, thinking about how should he confess at the same time.

"that's great! i know you'll both do well!" lucas encouraged the older. jungwoo muttered a small thanks before drinking up from his can.

"did you know that jaehyun hyung and taeyong hyung are already together?"

this question made jungwoo almost choke on his coke. his eyes widen and his mouth slightly opened due to this //kind of// unexpected news. of course, they knew all along that they like each other, but it's still shocking to know that they're already a thing.

"really? how come? since when?" jungwoo asked him continuously, making lucas let out a chortle before telling jungwoo what jaehyun told him just a while ago.

"i'm so happy for them!" jungwoo commented yet again while clapping his hands like a seal. lucas, on the other hand, just looked at him. adoring jungwoo in any possible way.

"do you want to be my boyfriend?"

jungwoo stopped momentarily to look at lucas who suddenly blurted out these words, his heart is beating fast and he's unable to breathe properly, "excuse me, what?"

lucas blinked twice, before faking a cough and turning his gaze the other way. his cheeks felt so hot, he may explode any second, "i-i mean..."

lucas is thinking of another excuse but he can't think of any. his heart is beating wildly and his hands were already shaking. he's unsure on what to do, should he confess like right now? but it's not according to the plan and he might mess up because of doing something stupid!

"hey lucas, are you o--"

"youreliketheprettiestpersonivemetandilikeyouverymuchpleasedonthateme." lucas said—or more like rapped with his eyes tightly closed. if his heartbeat is fast a while ago, it's insanely faster this time. his whole face turned crimson red, so he decided to cover it using his large hands. he can't look anywhere specially at jungwoo. he's embarassed, but he's somewhat feeling relieved that he confessed already.

jungwoo, didn't know what to feel. he's feeling the whole zoo in his stomach and he can't breathe properly at the moment. he doesn't know if it's right but he's very very happy, like there's this something that's telling him that he likes lucas back. that there's this something that wants to hug him and say, 'i like you too' but there is one thing that prevented him to do so,

"JUNGWOO!" someone called the older, making the both of them turn to the direction where the voice came from.

"seongwoo..." jungwoo muttered before looking back at lucas. they're gazes met, but jungwoo's eyes is full of somewhat... sadness?

"lucas... i'll... talk to you later."

jungwoo said before standing up; but even before he take a step away, lucas held him by the wrist and pulled him back while he stood up at the same time, catching the paler's soft lips on his own pink ones. jungwoo froze, he can't think straight. should he push him away?

but lucas pulled away so soon, smiling at the now dumbfounded jungwoo infront of him. "go ahead..."

jungwoo's cheeks were red as his favorite fruit, which is strawberries as he look down before nodding and walking away, heading towards seongwoo who called him a few seconds ago.

lucas just followed his gaze on them as they walk away, smiling proudly. he just can't believe that he confessed already! he'll surely inform everyone about this! but there's one more thing that jungwoo needs to know and that is what he'll say after the competition.