37; narration

the programme went by smoothly, with the music club's president, wendy starting the competition with her cover of Taeyeon's Fine, followed by the other acts by the said club. the crowd were cheering loudly and the applause were nonstop specially when the highlight of the performance comes.

it is followed by some declamation pieces, then the stage play from the theatre club which made some of the audience sob at their own seats. even the judges; henry lau, JYP, and park hyunsik were amazed by the club's performance.

then, they finally announced that they'll have a short break before the next performance.

jungwoo and doyoung immediately went down from the podium and went to the dance club's room, wherein everyone is busy with their own businesses, like there is no competition happening.

the dance club is the last to perform, and they're up next. the competition will soon end that's why jungwoo took his bag from the seat where he left it to make sure that he can immediately go to seongwoo right after.

"jungwoo!" a familiar voice called jungwoo, making him smile since he already know who owns that voice. he turned around, pacing towards lucas who's smiling widely at him, too.

"hey," jungwoo said when he's finally infront of the younger. lucas held jungwoo's hand and placed it right where his heart is,

"i usually don't get nervous on performances, but the moment i see you, my heart began palpitating hastily." lucas said then pouted slightly, his hand on top of jungwoo's hand while caressing it lightly. jungwoo chuckled a little then hit the younger's arm playfully.

"why are you extra cheesy today?" jungwoo asked while letting out small chortles in between words. lucas smiled and held his other hand too,

"hmm, can't i showcase how much i love you?" lucas asked in return, then squeezed both of jungwoo's hands. jungwoo smiled, his cheeks were again red, and his heartbeat was as fast as lucas' heartbeat awhile ago.

"i-i..."

"shush," lucas hushed jungwoo by placing his index finger on the older's lips. lucas smiled, "i can't wait to show more when you're finally mine."

lucas smiled again, then winked at jungwoo right after.

"jungwoo!" someone called jungwoo again, making him turn his gaze. it's doyoung—

"we're starting in five minutes, go to the podium first and i'll follow, okay?" doyoung said, then eyed lucas from his side before looking at jungwoo again. jungwoo nodded,

jungwoo then turned to lucas, "i'll be going now." then smiled. lucas nodded too, then kissed the back of jungwoo's hand before he can walk away.

doyoung made a face of disgust, making lucas turn to him. "if helping you today means i'll see that everyday, i'll be going now too—"

"hyu-uuung!" lucas whined, stomping his feet childishly and halted doyoung who's about to walk away,

"nah, i'm just kidding."

"sheesh, you're just bitter." lucas said, earning a glare from doyoung.

"so, you ready?" doyoung asked the younger. lucas suddenly screamed, making doyoung cover his ears while closing his eyes shut. is screaming really that necessary?!

"hyung hyung hyung!" lucas called him repeatedly. doyoung removed his hands from his ears and looked at lucas, annoyed.

"wha—"

"i'M NERVOUS HYUNG CAN I BACK OUT?!" lucas shouted, making doyoung shut his eyes again, and everyone else in the room keep quiet and turn their attention towards him.

doyoung opened his eyes and looked at the other members, "can i slap him just this once?"

"go ahead." hoshi answered then snickered, showing his 10:10 eyes—

everyone else agreed, then doyoung turned to the taller, "so, what are you saying again? backout?"

"u-uhh, w-what backout?! i can't remember saying backout what are you talking about hyung why wou—"

"i'M NERVOUS HYUNG CAN I BACK OUT?!"

a voice record suddenly played, making lucas look at the direction where it's coming from. he saw jisung keeping his phone so he eyed him, or more like glared at him actually; like saying, seriously jisung pwark? seriously?

lucas heard doyoung clear his throat so he looked at him again while smiling sheepishly, "i won't back out hyung! i can do it right now if you want to!"

doyoung smirked, "no one's stopping you~"

lucas' smile slowly faded and clinged at doyoung's arm, "o-on the other hand, let's just wait for later." he said, adding a small hehe at the end.

"panicked gay." doyoung said then chuckled at lucas who's still clinging unto him. he shrugged the younger off, "okay, i'll be going now. good luck guys!"

doyoung said before storming out of the room. the members of the dance club went out of the room one by one too, for they're up next.

lucas let out a deep breath, before finally heading outside, cheers and applauses welcoming him. he smiled at them, but the nervousness he's feeling is still creeping in.

it's now or never, xuxi. fightinghaeya dwae!