Part 8

Part 8

Marriage day

Arnav was tensed from the morning. He couldn't sit in one place for at least five minutes. He will go before wedding time and will leave as Shashi said. Arnav got ready and headed to the Venue where Khushi's wedding is going to happen. He reached little earlier to the marriage hall.

When he entered into the hall, there was huge confusion

When he entered into the hall, there was huge confusion. Akash sat there holding his head. Garima stood there sobbing. People were gossiping. Shashi was trying to convince a lady who was shouting at everyone in the manner of asking some "justice". She was none other than Akash's mother. She seemed angry. He heard people were speaking that "Bride is missing".

Akash's mother, Msr. Radhika was shouting nonstop for the humiliation which was given by Khushi. Shashi Gupta was busy convincing her.

Shashi: Radhikaji please wait for a while Shyam will find Khushi at any cost.

Radhika: What do you mean by "find"? From where will you find a girl who eloped with someone?

Shashi: My daughter is not a girl like that. Something wrong would have happened. She will come here soon.

Radhika: Only in your dreams. I was not satisfied with this proposal from the beginning as many girls were ready in queue for my son. He was the one who liked her. I was doubted at her because she never showed any curiosity in this marriage.

Shashi: Please don't say like this. She should have told us if she has anyone in her heart.

Arnav felt bad for Shashi. A father was begging in front of a woman and she didn't even ready to hear anything. She was not wrong but what about the parents of a girl? Didn't they feel humiliation? Wasn't that an insult for them more than anyone?

Radhika(hitting in Akash's shoulder): What you saw in her that you didn't even hear me? See now she eloped with someone making our head down in front of the society.

Arnav couldn't hold himself. He came in front of Akash.

Arnav: Your mother is insulting Khushi and are you listening to her? Don't you know about Khushi? Why are you silent Akash?

Radhika: May I know who are you that you are showing so much interest in her? She mocked.

Arnav (controlling his anger): I'm her friend.

Radhika (sarcastically): I don't know how many friends she is having like you and with which friend she eloped.

Arnav (gritting his teeth): Akash, why the hell are you silent?

Akash: What is my mother mistake? She was not wrong. Khushi was not interested in this proposal. She didn't even want to talk to me for once.

This was news to Arnav. She was not interested in this marriage? Then why did she agree to marry this idiot at first place?

Arnav: After knowing her disinterest why do you want to marry her?

Radhika(cutting him): That's what I'm asking. Why should have she agreed for this marriage when she was not interested in the proposal? Why should we be insulted in front of the world? How we can walk in the road? What will I say when everyone asks me? We are facing dishonor because of misconduct girl.

Arnav: Enough. (he gritted his teeth) Don't their parents feel humiliation? Just consider them with humanity. Whatever you are saying will happen with them in double. (looking at Akash) what a man you are? You are saying that you love her at the same time you are not ready to trust her. What a love your's is?

Akash: It can be easy to say anything. We could feel it only when we facing the problem.

Arnav: But can't you wait until you get to know the truth? You didn't even know what happened then how can you think low about Khushi?

Akash was silent.

Radhika: Look, This is none of your business. It's our matter.

Arnav: Then you should have talked with your family members instead of in-between public.

Shashi and Garima were pleased with Arnav's response in this matter. Garima dragged Preeto to the side who was Khushi's friend. She was the one who assigned to be with Khushi when she has vanished.

Garima: Preeto beta, do you know anything about Khushi? Did she like someone? Did she tell you anything?

Preeto(gulped): Don't you know about her aunty?

Garima: I know. But don't you see how Akash's mother is shouting at us? She was humiliating her. I can't tolerate. (she cried)

Preeto: Please don't cry, aunty. I was with Khushi waiting for Shyam bhaiya. He called Khushi and asked to wait for him to come. I went to the washroom. When I came back there was no Khushi at home. I have no idea in ten minutes what could have happen? But I'm sure there must not be Khushi's mistake. Mark my word.

Garima: what's the use? We can't prove even if she is not at fault. Who will trust her?

Preeto: Won't you trust her? I trust my friend and also that guy Arnav. Good people think always good aunty. I don't think Khushi will be happy with this Akash and his mother.

Garima nodded yes. They saw Shyam was entering inside the venue. Akash hurried towards him.

Akash: Did you have anything about Khushi?

Shyam nodded no bowing down. Again Radhika started.

Radhika(looking at people): why are you guys are waiting? Everything is over. She won't come.

Everyone started dispersing. Garima cried and Shashi stood there all silent knowing that the situation was slipped from their hands totally.

Shyam: Akash, please don't go.

Radhika(to Shyam): Everything is because of you. You want to establish your business. That's why you tried to tie your misconduct sister on his neck.

Shyam: No aunty. It must be done by some of my enemies.

Radhika: Be it. Who cares? Are you expecting us to accept a girl who was even being kidnapped? What's the guarantee that she will be a virgin still? We are not dumber to accept her anymore.

People who were there lost their patience including preeto. Even she wanted to give a tight slap on Radhika's face then there is no need to explain Arnav's state.

Shashi: Enough. (joining his hands) please leave. Whatever happened, I don't care my daughter is a reason or not but I'm apologizing. Please forgive us and leave this place.

Radhika looked at Akash and started dragging him with her. Akash followed her without complaining. Shyam was frustrated.

Shyam: I know who should have done this.

Shashi: Who?

Shyam: who else other than Aman? He was not at home. I'm sure he is the one who did this to take revenge on me.

Shashi: I have told you many times don't interfere in someone's matter. See what has happened? My child lost her life. I don't know where she is. How she is suffering. God, please save my child. She should be safe wherever she is.

Arnav was looking at them with a heavy heart. What was their mistake in all this? He can understand their pain which they are going through right now. At the same time, he was happy that Khushi escaped from this heartless Mom and Son.

Without any option, Guptas left the venue half-heartedly. They were helpless. What was the point in waiting? Everything was over. They do not understand what to do. Shyam was searching Khushi with his friends. preeto didn't leave Guptas alone and she was with them.

When they came home, they saw Khushi was lying on the floor in the unconscious state.

To be continued......