Part 42 (Last Part)

Part 42 (Last Part)

Four years later.

Khushi came back from school. Arnav took her bag from her shoulder as she looked so tired.

Arnav: Khushi are you alright?

Khushi: I'm horribly tired Arnav. Board exams are nearing. So I didn't even get a single leisure period today.

She laid on the couch. Arnav sat on the couch taking her legs on his lap. He started pressing her feet gently. Khushi smiled at him and closed her eyes feeling relaxed. Within a few minutes, she slept forgetting herself. Arnav slowly stood from the coach without disturbing her and went to their room. He came back with a pillow and kept it under her head comfortably. He caressed her hair lovingly with a smile. He got stuck when his sight fell on Aashi who was standing at the doorstep, leaning on the door, folding her hands smilingly.

Arnav(in feeble tone): When did you come?

Aashi: When you arranged the pillow.

Arnav: I will prepare coffee.

Aashi: Wait, Dad. I will prepare.

Arnav: You just came. Go and get fresh first.

Aashi nodded yes and went to her room.

Few minutes later.

Arnav was waiting for Aashi with coffee and biscuits.

Aashi: Thank you, dad.

Arnav smiled at her and sipped the coffee.

Aashi: Can I ask you something?

Arnav: Anything.

Aashi: Why didn't you think about a second child? If there would have been a brother or sister for me then we would have been good partners. We would not have disturbed your romantic moments then.

Arnav laughed at her.

Arnav: I want your mother to concentrate on her career. She might have not been like today if there was another child. Do you know how I was struggling to handle you alone? Thank God you were interested in books. So I managed you with the help of AR. It would not have been that easy if there was another child.

Aashi: But I heard something different about it?

Arnav(controlling his smile): What?

Aashi: That you couldn't see her in extreme pain?

Arnav: How do you know?

Aashi: Nani told me.

Arnav (rolled his eyes): Don't you have anything to talk, other than us? Wherever you go, you are digging something about us? Don't you?

Aashi: of course Dad, because your story is so interesting.

Arnav: Crazy girl.

Aashi: You didn't say "yes" yet.

Arnav (with his lopsided smile): Yes. I can't see my wife in pain.

Aashi: You love Mom so much, right?

Arnav smiled pleasantly while nodding yes.

Aashi: I don't want my husband to be like you.