6. First Words

You're probably one or two in this

Jeff The Killer

"Hey (Y/N) can you say daddy?"

You just stared. Confused, you reached for him. He gladly picked you up.

"You (Y/N)--" he pointed at you, "--I Daddy."

"Da..." You start to say, making Jeff more excited, "...Choo!"

You sneezed... right in your father's face.

He stood there for a moment before taking his sleeve and wiping the muck off his face. "We'll get back to that."

...

Skip to the living room, where you were playing with a toy duck (please don't ask why. I don't even know myself) and your father walked into the room and set his eyes on you.

He chuckled, "You're playing with your duck, I see."

Just as confused as ever you looked up to him, thinking he wanted it, you raised it in the air for him to take.

Delighted that he thought you wanted him to play, he hurries over. Not being careful and hitting his toe on the edge of the coffee table.

He jumped up in down with his foot cradled in his hand. Through the pain, he knew you were there and strained himself from saying a not so very nice word, using the first non-foul thing that came into his head, "DUCK!"

You squealed with enjoyment and clapped the toy in your hands, "Duck!"

He sharply turned towards you with wide eyes, "Did you just sa--"

"--Duck!" You cut in again.

Your father laughed, "Of all the words to say... You choose duck!" He snorted, "I'm not letting this go. Never in a million years..."

"Duck!"

Eyeless Jack (E.J)

E.J knew you were about to start talking and made sure to talk to you very often. Pointing out what things were called, what the two of you were doing. He read to you and let you flip the pages.

He closed the book that you were both reading and set it on the bedside table.

"Now bedtime, cheeky."

You pouted, knowing what that meant. With the strong look of detest on your face, he expected you to say no, but you didn't.

You let him take you to your crib and put you in it. Tucking you in he said, "Nighty, night, (Y/N)."

He waited for your reply. A word. Anything. You didn't give him one.

He sighed and turned to the door, stopping abruptly when his foot accidentally kicked something. He looked down, expecting it to be one of your toys but to get smacked with surprise. He picked up his mask and said to himself, "I've been wondering where my blue mask went."

"Blue..." a voice with annoyance sounded from behind him. It was soft and light with a little slur and he swung around back to face you.

You had pulled yourself back up with the bars and sat facing him, your glare set on the mask in your father's hands.

His shock soon fades away and he tries to stay calm, "Why yes, it is blue."

You made a 'hmfp' noise and glared harder at it.

Holding in his excitement because he knew if you didn't get to sleep now, you'd be grouchy the next day he carefully put his mask in the drawer beside his own bed and walked up to you.