36. When your Real Family Comes Back

So I'm soo sorry I haven't updated in foreverrrr.

Jeff The Killer - (R/N) - Random Name

You're 5 years old.

Your father assumed that your biological father was just some rapist druggie and didn't bother with worrying about him coming to try and take you. So he sat comfortably with you on the living room floor, enjoying the special time with you.

When the doorbell rang, you merely glanced at the door before letting the memory fade from existence. Your father, wanting to do the same, still reluctantly got up to answer the door.

He expected it to be some advertising company going door to door with the latest product in their hands or maybe some religious people coming to encourage their lifestyle. Nothing he was interested in.

He did not expect a well-dressed man with clean features to show up at your door. "Hello, there Mr..?"

"Woods." Was your father's short reply, choosing not to be friendly with the man, for he was missing out on the morning cartoons with you.

"Hi, I had my house just recently built down the road. I'm your new neighbour. (R/N) (L/N). Pleased to meet you." He held a hand out, to which your father did not take.

The man was insistent though and he and your father stood there for an awkward moment. It was when you decided to make your presence known, rubbing your eyes from the sudden intrusion of sunlight blasting from the opened doorway. "Daddy, what's taking so long?"

You stopped next to him, squinting up at the man. Almost immediately upon seeing him you shyly hid your face in your father's side. Who put a protective hand on your head and comfortingly hugged you to him.

In the split second you walked into view, your father watched the man's eyes flicker. He instantly put himself on guard, he didn't like the way he was looking at you.

"Well, who is this?" The man smiled, looking down at you, speaking in a playful way.

You had peeked at him before blushing from being caught and hiding your face again.

The man kept staring at you, further irking your father and he spoke, "This is my son/daughter. (Y/N), say hello."

"Hello, mister." Your tone was polite but your words a bit muffled from not taking your face away from your father's sweater.

"(Y/N) you say?" He met your father's scrutinizing gaze and quickly looked away, falling on you again. "Well, it's very nice to meet you."

You nodded and your father had to keep from glaring at the odd man. Telling you, "(Y/N) can you go pick out our cereal for the day."

You jumped at the opportunity to go back inside, "Okay!" and ran into the kitchen.

"Such a darling, (Y/N) is..." (R/N) said, it set off warning bells to your father. "I have a few of my old toys back at my house, if it is alright, (Y/N) can look and pick a few that she/he likes."

Your father narrowed his eyes at the man before him before monotonously say in a slow voice, "Sure..."

"Well, I'll be off now..."

Jeff all but slammed the door in the man's face. You would not be going over there. Ever.

"Who was that?" You had asked as your father came back inside to help you pour the big jug of milk.

"No one important." Your father brushed the thought off, bringing up a new topic. "You know about stranger danger?"

You shook your head.