11. Bad Habits

I'll state the age if it's necessary

Jeff The Killer

You tend to bite and chew on your lip when you are bored. At first, it didn't seem so bad but now your lips were burning after a few days.

"Dad, my lips hurt!" You whined.

He raised an eyebrow, "Quit kissing the neighbour then."

You stared confusingly at him, "What neighbour? And No! That's not the problem!"

"You need to stop picking at your lip, or else it's going to hurt."

"Too late." You mumbled, rubbing your sore red lips.

He batted your hands away from your face, "That's only gonna make it worse."

"Then what do you suppose I do?" You asked, exasperated.

He sighed, "Wait here." He got up and left the room.

You sat there for a few moments, contemplating on following him. Only to see him come back in seconds, carrying a little item in his hand. He tossed it to you, barely catching the small item in your little hands.

"Use that, it's chapstick. It should help." He explained and went back to reading his book.

You fiddled with it for a moment before figuring out to unscrew the cap. You put it on your lips, a burning sensation flitted across, but quickly went away.

"Thanks, Dad." You said in relief.

He only gave you a thumbs up, headset on ignoring you for the rest of the day.

Eyeless Jack (E.J)

Mouth clicking was something you did randomly. It was a natural occurrence and your father thought he would have been used to it by now.

But now, in the silence of your calm reading session with your father. Your clicking was not helping his frustration.

Click...click...click-

"-(Y/N)! Please Stop!"

Your head snapped up to meet your father's gaze, which was distressed as he held the newspaper in a fist. You were on the opposite couch with a thick book in your hand.

"Sorry..." You muttered. Hiding in your book. You took offense to your father's plea. Despite the knowledge that you were being a nuisance. You just couldn't stop.

You heard your father sigh before his footsteps neared you. He sat down and pulled you to his side, "Read me your story."

You brightened and turned to the first page, "Okay, dad..." You started to read.

Of course, now that you were preoccupied with reading aloud, you wouldn't be able to click your tongue. It was a perfect idea to let him relax as you took a break from the bad habit.

Ben Drowned

You had watched your father do it once and you copied it. Soon you weren't able to stop. He was getting ready to attempt to make dinner, cracking his knuckles in preparation.

You did it right after and Ben laughed. Now after several times after that. It wasn't funny anymore.

He sat you down on the couch and began to explain, "You gotta quit cracking your knuckles, (Y/N)."

"Why?" You asked, "I'm not hurting anything."

An idea popped into his head, "That's where you're wrong. It is dangerous to do, you might snap your fingers off after not too long."

You gasped, "Really?"

"Yes." Your father nodded.

"The how come you did it? How do you still have your fingers?" You inquired, fully into your father's tall tale.

"Uh... That's because I hardly ever do it! Only someone who does it all the time risks it. Do you want to lose your fingers?"

"No!" You immediately replied. A look of fright sketched along your face.

"Then, refrain from cracking your knuckles and you should be just fine."

Slenderman

You made the loudest noise at the table. It seems you liked to chew your food with your mouth open.

The other creepypastas tried to ignore it, but soon it was too irritatable. With a thud, Ben threw his fork on the table and got up to leave adding, " UGH, (Y/N)! That's so irritating!"

You stared, hurt and confused as he left the room. The others were still, silence had cut through the room like a knife.

"What did I do?" You asked in a quiet voice, you really didn't understand.

Jeff sighed, looking in your father's direction, who sat there watching with non-existent eyes. "Am I gonna tell him/her, or will you?"

"I'll tell him/her. Come here (Y/N)." Your father said, using his finger to direct you over to him.

You slowly got up and moved over to him, climbing onto his lap. "Am I in trouble?"

He shook his head. "No, my child. You couldn't have known any better. It's impolite to chew with your mouth open."

"Oh, I didn't know that."

"Well now you do, so try to keep your mouth closed."

You nod, "Alright, Papa." you got off his lap and went to put your empty plate away.

...

You didn't listen well. It wasn't that you weren't trying, it was just difficult to keep your mouth closed.

Slenderman had Dr. Smiley check your jaw to see if you were impaired in some way. Only for him to declare, "Nothing is wrong. It's probably just a bad habit."

Everyone was just going to have to deal with it until you got over the habit.

Ticci Toby

You were currently sitting in front of the tv, gnawing on your fingernails. A few fingers started to bleed but you couldn't find the motivation to stop.

Your father walked in and you froze, your fingers still practically in your mouth.

"Still... still hungry after l-unch?" He said, teasingly.

You groaned, "Shut up! You know I'm trying to stop!"

He sighed, "I hoped you wouldn't catch... my bad habit." He lifted his hands and showed you his nails. They were definitely worse than your own. The sore red skin outlined the nails and as you moved your finger over them, you felt the bumpy sandpapery surface. The nails weren't even very long, no more than a centimeter.

"Oh my..." You muttered, a little horrified at his demolished nails.

"Quit chew-ing your fingernails, or you'll get nails... get nails like mine." Your father warned before he left the room. Leaving you to your own worries.

Though still, you couldn't stop.

________________________________

Is anyone guilty of these habits? I am. I have ghastly nails that bleed all the time because I gnaw them down to the stubs. Hideous really.