Chapter 14

Ed's POV:
I unlocked my cafe's door and locked it again, then I got behind the counter and in to the employee only room,and got changed into my uniform. I went back out and I got baking cupcakes and fishing what I needed for this morning. I heard the door open. I looked out the door when I cleaned my hands and saw my boss Maria she saw me, and said, "What are u doing here early? Is there something you need to say?" I walked up to her and nodded. I said, "Ummmm, I would like to run night shifts until dawn or what ever you like to do. I need Some time with my kids more, please. I will work in the afternoon and until we close and I will close up for you and clean for you, please same money but different hours, but if I can't spend more time with my babies then I might have to find another job so please I really like this place." She nodded and stared thinking. She looked at me and said, "If you need money that bad and you need to have more time with your kids then, starting tomorrow you will be working Monday, Wednesday,Friday and Sunday nights, but you have to close up and clean the place. Oh and it's the same salary you have right now but if you need more then I could hook you up with another job that lets her employees work whenever works with there life but I don't think you would like it, what do you think?" I thought for a moment, 'I get to hang around with my kids and work less but we do need more money to bye stuff and bills.' I looked at her and said, "How much does she money will she give me if I work for her?" She looked right at me and said, "40 bucks an hour but it depends on what you are doing. It could be 60 bucks an hour. Think about it and tell me your decision after work today and we will go from there." I looked at her with tears in my eyes and said, "Thank you! Thank you so much! How can I ever thank you enough!" She said, "That's enough, get back to work, ok. we will talk later." I smiled and nodded. I walked back into the kitchen and my day went on.