Chapter 4

Shino P.O.V

It's been a few days since I've heard the rumors that Dyne was saying and I haven't left that thought for one bit. I wasn't really worried about GGO, but more ALO.

He specifically said fantasy MMO's and to make things worse, Alfiem's servers are basically a copy from the ones in SAO. But why now? It's been 4 years since the launch of ALO...There's a lot of things that just don't make sense here...

I was at the park at the moment, reading a newspaper about the recent VR news. Nothing too bad is happening in the VR worlds according to the news... Then my thoughts were interrupted by a phone call.

     "Hello, Asada spea-

      "S-Shino! Please come quick! Sugu-" Then I heard the phone being dropped and a someone running and vomiting.

      "Kazuto?" I questioned. I grabbed my small bag and started jogging towards his house. All I heard was someone breathing heavy in the background and a slight beeping noise.

             Once I got there the door was closed but not locked so I still knock the door. No answer... I opened the door and made my way inside.

"Hello?" I asked to an empty living room. "Kazuto? Sugu?"

"O-Over here." I heard Kazuto said from upstairs.

            I went into the room upstairs and saw Kazuto sitting next to a laying Sugu with an Amusphere on.

       "She's been like this for over 24 hours without logging out." Kazuto explained with his head in his arms. "I couldn't see what she's playing but I predict its-"

"ALfiem Online." I interrupted him, knowing he's 100 percent correct. "Sugu texted me yesterday, inviting me to come with her but I declined."

He nodded. "I've contacted everyone else, they'll be here soon." He gulped hard "I just don't understand, how could this happen?! Yes, ALO servers are basically a copy of the ones from SAO but they're supposed to be safer!" He yelled, frustrated.

I put my hand on his shoulder. "But Kirito. There has to be some explanation why. Plus I don't think it's just ALO and it's players that are going through this." I said trying to stay calm. Then the doorbell ranged.

Once everyone got inside the room and Kazuto briefly explained everything all eyes were on Suguha.

"Poor Leafea..." said Silica. I guess it's sad that some of there IRL names I don't remember. I think hers started with an R.

"The world seed has been showing disturbance lately." Agil said. Most likely his real name is Andrew. Maybe. It fits him. "I think that this problem is not only happening in ALO."

I nodded. "That's what I said earlier. I've heard some news in GGO. Rumor has it, that players have been unable to log out in fantasy VRMMO's." I said remembering what Dyne said.

"Okay, so now that we identify this mess, how do we solve it?" Klein asked.

"We have to find a way to get into the world seed some way...and fix what's going on before it stretches to the other worlds." Kazuto said.

"I think whatever it is, it started to spread already. Remember the forced logout Kazuto?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm still wary about that. Alright so here's the plan. Half of us will log into either ALO or GGO and the other half will stay here and view us IRL and in the world seed. Our goal is to find a way I side the actual world seed. We'll start the day after tomorrow." Kazuto said with a bit of confidence. "When we log into ALO we have to keep an eye out also on the log out button. Making sure everyone wakes up safely."

Everyone agreed to the plan and decided to meet the day after tomorrow. If this was just another group of kids or a squadron in GGO, I know my GGO self would say fuck them and leave them be. But this is my friends. The ones who helped me get out of my hell hole. And Asuna. Gosh, I hope she learned her lesson in prison and is not involved in this.