Chapter 14

Sinon P.O.V

                            It's been a few days since I've entered this VR world. I was doing fine with my knowledge of basic camping and surviving skills. However, the monsters here didn't make it any easier.

                           After killing the pack of wolves back when I first arrived, I scavenge for meat and tools I could use like some of their armor and their teeth. It wasn't until I heard a howl and more padded feet running towards me that I broke to yet another run. It was when I was cornered and jumped off a cliff when I realized my wings from ALO existed in this world as well.

           Such a careless act. But with that act it made me realize something. This world has both GGO and ALO elements. Meaning, somehow, the World Seed combined all, or at least some, of the VR worlds.

                          I was currently resting on top of a tree wrapped around with a brown worn down coat I founded my first night. Besides that, I had on my black and white jumpsuit from GGO and my homemade necklace from the real world. It didn't take that much of my energy to keep it on, so that was a good sign.

          Come to think of it, I've been using Sinon's wings and bow from ALO and Sinon's guns from GGO...And these wolves, these animals, are spilling actual blood and not disappearing into pixels. So how come I'm not having my usual attacks.

        "They are apart of you Shino. They help you cope, but they are apart of you." Kazuto once said. But it still doesn't connect in my head.

                           I looked down at my homemade necklace. Such a cheap necklace, but it held onto so many memories. Not only the memories of B.O.B 3 but B.O.B 4 as well. Kirito driving the motorbike as I tried to aim my Hecate at Death Gun, he gave me the courage to pull my trigger at that time. And then that time when we got stuck in GGO and fought for our lives. He was scared, being in another death game. But once again he gave himself and me the courage to push forward. Even though he had to kill some players as well as I.

                           I swallowed at that thought and took a shaky breath and looked up. Such a beautiful and cruel world indeed Kirito. There are still more questions than answers in my mind. Why would someone do this? This can't just be a technical error. Why would someone mess with the virtual worlds? No, not just the virtual worlds, but other people's reality. The virtual world is different from the real world, but it is still their reality. Then it hit me.

                          Playing ALO and playing GGO, they are both different than the real world. Both made out of pixels and under those pixels are zero's and ones. But the games aren't just zero's and ones to the players. They are part of people's reality. What happens in the virtual world, the emotions, the excitement, the fear, and the wonder, are all real. So the philosophy of me becoming stronger as Sinon becomes stronger is valid. But Sinon, both her GGO form and ALO form, being apart of me is also true. As what happened in the past in ALO and GGO are real to me.

            I understand it now, Kazuto. The feeling you had ever since your time in Sword Art Online. That these worlds aren't just games. It isn't just a game. I smiled at that thought, finally figuring out the puzzle I had in my mind for so long. But that was one out of many that are still unsolved.

          Now that's thought through, I need to figure out a way out of here. I tried swiping my left hand for a menu and it surprisingly worked. It showed my name <Sinon>, my HP, my EG which I assume is my energy percentage, surprisingly the games that I have played, and a logout button.