Chapter 16

Disclaimer: In celebration of this story reaching 4K reads and the original G.S.L reaching 37K reads, I will be posting this chapter and Chapter 17 two days earlier. So enjoy and thank you, guys!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kirito P.O.V

                          Waking up the next day, I had to stretch a bit as sleeping on the ground was as hard as sleeping on a flat rock. I looked to my far left and the fire was out with Asuna starting to stir awake. I looked to my right and there was a fatigued but alert Yuuki where I left her the night before. She probably didn't wake up Asuna for her watch time and knowing Asuna from the past, she was probably going to get lectured for that.

           "Yuuki! Why didn't you wake me up?" Asuna asked as I patted off the dirt from my clothes.

            "Oh don't worry about it Asuna! You know I'm used to long hours." Yuuki replied a bit chirpily but seemed tired. We are probably going to have to rest from walking in a few hours before she collapses.

                          Deciding for the group that it was time to get some food I turned around to Yuuki who, again, somehow unlocked her ALO form in this world. It didn't seem that bizarre as this world was the combination of all the previous worlds. But, just how she did it I needed to find out.

            "Hey, Yuuki. How did-" I was starting to say before she put her hand up to stop me.

            "A big beast just landed somewhere. Near here." She said softly. Without the use of our ALO forms, Asuna and I, we had the same ears as the real world. But Yuuki had a bit of the advantage.

             "Well then, let's go check it out." I said before Yuuki lead the way.

                         Going through the trees and bushes carefully, the world seemed very realistic. So realistic that it was scary. It didn't seem like we were in the virtual world at all, but some part of the real world. Stepping onto the grass and pressing onto trees as we got out of their way, it didn't feel the same as the ones I came across in ALfiem.

                       Yuuki stopped after a bit pointing into a clearing. There was a monster that I was very familiar with. A monster I fought back in that castle. It was him, but at the same time, it was not.

              "Kirito...it can't be the same monster.." Asuna started

             "Yeah, the 74th boss, The Gleam Eyes. It looks like him, just wings in exchange for his former sword, and a big ass tail." I said observing where he was, currently laying down and taking a snooze.

                Again, it isn't that bizarre that the 74th boss from Sword Art Online is here. But, then again, not all os New Aincrad was made available in ALfiem, only to Floor 40 so far. So how is he here? And why him?

                            I was trying to understand the demon's existence in the world before Asuna made one of her drastic decisions. Our first mistake.

             "The best thing to do is to use the advantage of the element of surprise!" She said and she started running to the beast while, at the same time, turning into her blue-haired ALO character. Her rapier was out and she was casting a sword skill.

              "Asuna!!" Yuuki screamed before I held her close and covered her mouth. Our second mistake. The one we couldn't go back on.

                            The beast certainly heard us and stood up on its feet. We watched as it quickly picked up its tail from the group and successfully swing its tail into Asuna and threw her to the tree very hard, causing her to faint from her pain. Yuuki managed to get out of my grasp and automatically ran to her.