Chapter 11

Disclaimer: The song above is an OST from Sword Art Online 2. A rather short song, start it when you see this (* ) You may have to repeat it if you wish but it is a great song to play to the end!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sinon/Shino P.O.V

          "SIG SG 550 assault rifle...H&K UMP live-ammo submachine gun...GE M134 minigun." I muttered to myself as I continuously floated in the space of zeros and ones.

                           I've lost the sense of time for what it feels like ages ago. The only thing that's giving me somewhat of entertainment is my vast memory of weaponry from Gun Gale and the rare sighting of words that'll come across my vision. It's never full sentences or phrases, just words. Usually, it's something related to VR worlds and video games yet bizarre like the word 'Command' or 'Information'.

         It's not that hard to feel hopeless in a place like this.

        "PGM Ultima Ratio Hecate II sniper rifle." I muttered again, finally getting to my main weapon of choice in that gun-based world. I haven't seen her since my realistic dream.

        Was that really a dream? Or was that real? Was I really talking to Kirito after all this time? I asked myself He seemed so relieved to see me. Even as Sinon. Sinon from GGO.

                           Ever since I've joined GGO, Sinon and Shino were two different people. Sinon was the cold-hearted sniper. The one that can kill a gunner while falling in the sky with only a leg. One of the best players in that gun world. And Shino was the one that had hoplophobia, extreme fear of guns.

           But then that leaves one. Who is Sinon from ALO? Created after Kirito invited me to join him in Alfiem. The result of after the GGO incident, the first one anyway. She can be cool and level-headed like Sinon from GGO, but friendly like Shino.

                             I sighed in slight frustration. What's the point of this anyway? Sinon, Sinon, or Shino. They are all controlled by the same person, the same spirit...is what Kirito would say. But how could I believe in that? They are vastly different from each other. Giving up, I went to sleep for another nap.

(In Dream)

            "Kazuto, how do you keep up with your avatars from two very different VR worlds?" I had asked randomly as we were walking in a park. It was a little bit of a month after the Death Gun incident.

            "What do you mean to keep up with them?" He asked in a light confused tone.

             "Well, keeping up with there personalities and characteristics?" I asked, "Adding your ALO character, you have two avatars plus yourself here in the real world." I said thoughtfully.

             "Well, they are just me, Kirito. Ever since the SAO incident, I treated my GGO account and ALO account as if Kazuto Kirigaya was in those worlds. Basically, it's the same soul that controls the different bodies you can say." He said with a slight chuckle. I was in too much of a thought to respond to that. It wasn't until I felt a hand on my shoulder that I looked back up at him.

               "Hey, Shino, using the virtual world as a coping mechanism works. I have seen it with my own eyes. It was one of the reasons it was created and depended on. But you don't have to continue to be someone else to do that." He said softly

               "But that's how I was introduced to the virtual world. That's how Sinon was made. As she grew stronger I would get stronger in the real world." I replied.