o n e

FEBRUARY 28TH, 2011.

"LIAM!" I practically screamed.

As usual, he didn't pay any attention. He was extremely overexcited, and was leaping around the living room in happiness. He'd made sure to close all the curtains and blinds, as he had a "reputation" to keep up.

"Li-"

I almost had a heart attack when he suddenly jumped up and somersaulted right in the middle of the room. Despite being 38 years old, he certainly hadn't lost any of his energy.

"Come on, darlin'! Aren't you happy for me?" Liam exclaimed.

"Of course I am, I'd just appreciate it if you didn't break anything."

Liam finally came to his senses and fell back onto the sofa next to me. "I'm sorry, April. I'm just really fuckin' happy." He pulled me into his lap and kissed my forehead.

Liam's new album, Different Gear, Still Speeding, had been released today. It was the first album he'd made with his new band, Beady Eye. They'd only released a couple of singles so he was pretty excited about the album. He hadn't released any music for a few years before then, considering how upset he was over the break-up of Oasis. I hadn't seen him this happy since Dig Out Your Soul came out, an album that included a lot of his own work, so it was amazing to see him like this again.

Liam gently pushed me off his lap and stood up, taking a swig from his beer that lay on the mantelpiece.

"Aren't you doing anything with the lads tonight?" I queried.

"Nope," he abruptly answered, "everyone's hanging out with their families, including myself." He smirked at me.

"Oh. That makes it sound like Belle should be here." I rolled my eyes.

Belle was our 12-year-old daughter. She rarely spent any time with us. She was incredibly popular at school, seeing as Liam fucking Gallagher was her dad and all. But she hated it when people brought him up around her, and eventually got so pissed off she started barely talking to Liam - or myself - at all. It upset me, but there wasn't anything I could do about it.

Tonight, she was out at some friend's house, who I'd never had the pleasure of meeting. She'd left a couple of hours ago and I'd had a text from her saying she'd "probs be back tomorrow". Which was reassuring.

Not.

Liam must've sensed I was worried, because he picked me up and hugged me.

"Hey, I'm sure everything's alright. This is common with 'er, so I wouldn't worry," Liam said, kissing my forehead again. I relaxed in his arms and rested my forehead against his chest.

Eventually, he pulled away. "I really love you April, a lot. You know that, right?"

I nodded. "And I love you too, Liam." He smiled and kissed me gently on the lips.

"Alright, I'm off to bed," I announced, after a while. Liam rolled his eyes and then nodded.

"Alright, I'll come too. I feel a bit sick after the somersault."

I laughed loudly, causing liam to smile. I offered him my hand and he took it, and we walked upstairs together.

~

3:47 am

I woke up suddenly, causing Liam to stir next to me. I quickly noticed that on the bedside table, my phone was lit up. Taking care not to wake Carly (our 6-year-old Siberian Husky who must've snuck into our room after we fell asleep), I manoeuvred into a sitting position and picked up my phone.

1 new message from: Noel Gallagher.

~

oh wow okay that wasn't very good

but it's just the first chapter so

i'm sTILL a little terrified because i've written wattpad stories before but never published them, and then i ended up deleting them. but i'm also kind of excited(!!) yay

~z :)