t e n

Your husband and your best friend are a thing.

The same sentence kept repeating itself over and over again in my head, and it was driving me crazy. Alice tightly held my hand as she dragged me along a corridor into the back room where Liam was. She kept explaining to me how they went to say hi to the fans and then went straight back in the O2, instead of going to a pub.

We reached a door conveniently labelled "Backstage". Stuck to the door was the same flyer that I found the day before.

"Come on." Alice pulled open the door and led me into the room.

Inside, Gem and Andy lay sprawled on a tattered leather sofa, both drinking from large cans of lager. Chris, Liam and Belle were all nowhere to be seen.

Gem acknowledged Alice, before his eyes settled on me.

"April! Why are you here?"

I sighed. "I don't know."

"Liam's gone somewhere. He should be back pretty soon," Andy said, before adding "He's got Belle with him."

I nodded before another door opened, revealing Belle, on her own, with her eyes wide and her mouth open in shock.

"Mam?"

I awkwardly waved, expecting some kind of smart or sarcastic comment from her - only for her to run over to me and engulf me in a hug.

"I've missed you so much. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Belle."

She pulled away and looked up at me. "I mean... you're still my mam and all, even if you did cheat."

I held my head in my hands as Gem and Andy raised their eyebrows. Alice had vanished.

She's gone to see Liam, I bet.

"You cheated on Liam?" Gem piped up. "We thought he just wanted a fake tour bird or something. You know, to get the press all confused."

I glared at him. "No, I didn't cheat. Besides, I would have gone on tour with you."

"Well if you didn't cheat on him, why didn't you come?" Andy asked.

"He thinks I cheated," I answered quietly.

"Because you did cheat," Belle stated, frowning.

"I didn't!" I exclaimed. "You're only hearing one side of the story! What evidence do you even have?"

"Besides the fact that you went to Noel's house and didn't tell anyone?"

"Because Noel's my friend! Noel's been my friend for years. When Oasis broke up, he never stopped being my friend. You can't just let go of your best friend, Belle. That's what Liam expected me to do! Noel needed someone to be there for him. The break up didn't just affect Liam, even though that's what Liam thinks. He thinks everything's about him! He thinks- he-"

I looked upwards, only to find I was staring directly into the bluest eyes I'd ever seen.

"April..."

~

OKAY USUALLY I WOULDN'T PUT A NOTE AT THE END OF A CHAPTER LIKE THIS BUT IT'S A SPECIAL OCCASION (AND IT'S NOT OASIS RELATED SORRY)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL!

HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY YOU LEGEND XX

-z