f i f t e e n

The paparazzi obviously had some questions.

"Noel, are you and Liam friends again?"

"Is Oasis getting back together?"

"Are your families still fighting?"

Noel dismissed them all, but Liam ended up giving in and talking to them. Noel pulled me to the side while all the attention was on everyone else.

"Hey, April, I need to tell you something," he began, his eyes constantly moving from me to the group of paparazzi.

"What's up?"

"You remember that time you got cornered by a bunch of paparazzi?"

I shivered at the thought of the memory. "Yeah. What about it?"

"I staged the whole thing." He smiled.

"You what?"

"I hired the paparazzi. I put the flyer for the concert there. It was to get you to speak to Liam again." I had a sudden urge to slap him, but also a sudden urge to hug him.

"You can slap me if you want, but I honestly think there's no need." He placed his hands on his hips matter-of-factly.

Liam sauntered over to us. "We're going, come on."

~

Hours later, we went back to Noel's house. He and Liam had both had a few drinks, and so had I. Sara had made the option to stay sober.

Two cats were curled up in the corner of the living room as we walked in. Noel pointed to the black and white one. "That one is Benson The Second," he said, before pointing to the tabby. "That's Hedges The Second. The other two are somewhere else."

Liam nodded, before walking over to them. "Nice to meet you both, name's Liam." He held out his hand.

"They won't respond, they're asleep!" Noel laughed. Liam took notice of this and started laughing as well.

"This is fun," Liam stated, falling backwards onto the sofa. "We should do this more often. We should go back on tour and do this again."

"Are you trying to subtly hint that you want Oasis to get back together?" Noel slurred.

Liam put on his best puppy eyes. "Maybe."

"That would be cool, wouldn't it? We should do that."

"We should."

"Are we drunkenly getting the band back together?"

"Looks like we are."

"Too late to turn back now, isn't it?"

"Yep."

The whole room was silent for about a minute before Liam spoke again. "D'you realise what we've just done?"

"Yes I do!" Noel turned to me. "Shouldn't you be clapping right now?"

I nodded. "You're getting back together!" Following that was a collective cheering from everyone in the room.

"Fucking hell!" Liam exclaimed. "You lot are shite. Come on Noel, let's go outside and scream it from the streets!"

They both ran out the door screaming their heads off. I couldn't help but laugh.

"They're crazy, aren't they?" Sara chuckled.

"They are. And that's how it should be."