e i g h t

a/n: i just found out that noel and sara actually weren't married at this point in time (march 2011). i'm not going to change anything though :)

Noel stepped forward. "You can't do that to her! Are you crazy?"

Liam shook his head. "You can't talk either." He then abruptly turned on his heel and walked away. Belle picked up the leash and she and the dog followed him.

I stayed completely still, staring into space, not moving. I closed my eyes and clenched my fists. I was determined not to follow him.

Sara seemed to have changed her mind because she walked over to me and gave me a hug. I sighed and accepted it. Even if Liam wouldn't believe the truth, she would.

She took a step backwards. "I'm sorry, Sara," I began. "I didn't want to drag you into this. Noel and I are just friends and always have been. I'm sorry."

"There's nothing to be sorry for. It's not your fault. It's Liam's... maybe leaving him is a good idea."

I take a deep breath. "Maybe... you're right."

~

THREE MONTHS LATER...

JUNE 2011

I groaned in frustration as I threw another stack of newspapers into the recycling bin.

"Rumours of Gallagher divorce as Liam shows off new lass on tour".

"Are Liam and April Gallagher on the rocks? New photos say 'yes' ".

"Is history repeating itself for the Gallagher family? Liam's daughter, Belle, is also on tour with band 'Beady Eye' ".

The last one was, sadly, true. Liam had taken Belle on tour with him and I didn't have much of a say. He'd hired some sort of tutor for her so her school wouldn't get mad or something. And he'd been buying her tons of expensive clothing and accessories, according to the photos I was seeing on the front covers of every fucking newspaper in the fucking country.

The first two were the ones I really didn't want to believe. But they were also true. Liam had bagged himself a new girlfriend and didn't seem to want to cover that fact up. She had long platinum blonde hair and dark green eyes, and she was actually older than me. So at least he wasn't dating some 20-year-old.

I lay back down on the sofa and placed a cigarette into my mouth before lighting the end. I'd been living pretty much on my own the entire time. I did go and visit Noel and Sara a lot, but paparazzi seemed to be increasing in that area, so it was easier for them to just come here.

I decided I should do something slightly more interesting than sitting around all day. I grabbed my packet of cigarettes and left the house, not taking a jacket because the weather was significantly warmer now.

As I walked into the bustling streets of Manchester, people began to notice me. I walked a little faster in an attempt to block them out, but that wasn't really working.

"April! How are things going?"

"Looks like things aren't going well for you an' Liam, eh?"

"Wow, surprised you're actually out of the house!"

I then noticed camera flashes around me as a bunch of paparazzi closed in.

"April, have you and Liam divorced?"

"No," I reply contently, taking my cigarette out of my mouth and deliberately blowing the smoke in their direction.

"Are you going to divorce? Have you been cheating on Liam with Noel?"

"No and no."

"How does Liam feel about this? What do you think of Liam's girlfriend?"

"I don't know. And I don't really have any strong feelings towards her. I don't know who she is."

"April! Why has Liam got a girlfriend?"

"For reasons that don't concern you," I spat, getting increasingly pissed off. I knew I was going to spend the rest of the day standing there answering questions.

The questions were becoming more and more uncomfortable. I stepped backwards and my back hit a door. Without hesitating, I opened the door and went into the unknown building, slamming it shut behind me.

I looked around and couldn't see anything: it was almost completely pitch black.

I managed to make out what looked to be a small piece of paper resting on the floor. I picked it up but couldn't see what it said - then I remembered my phone was in my pocket, so I grabbed it and shone the light onto the paper.

Beady Eye, Saturday 18th June 2011. Gates open 6pm. 02 arena, London. One night only!

I stayed still, my eyes fixed on the flyer. I didn't know how a flyer about a London show made its way to Manchester, but I didn't care.

I shoved the flyer into my pocket, along with my phone.

The concert is tomorrow, I think to myself.

Slowly, I opened the door and discovered the paparazzi had gone. I was surprised they didn't try to follow me in.

The concert is tomorrow, I think again.

And I'm going.