f o u r

My heart started beating faster as I watched Liam clench and unclench his fists. He wouldn't stop staring at Noel.

I looked over to where the 'sad-looking guy' was: he had vanished.

Noel obviously seemed to notice. "Uh, thanks for the free drink, I guess?"

Liam didn't say a word. He just kept clenching and unclenching his fists. Clenching and unclenching. Clenching and unclenching.

Until he suddenly brought his fist up and swung at Noel's face. Luckily, Noel managed to dodge it. He opened his mouth to say something, but Liam beat him to it.

"What are you doing here?" he said through gritted teeth.

"Liam wait-"

"I said," Liam continued, getting angrier, "what are you doing here? Did you come here just to ruin this for me? Are you serious?"

"No! Of course not!" Noel exclaimed. I could tell he wasn't drunk, and Liam had managed to sober up from everything. A small crowd slowly gathered around the brothers, but they took hardly any notice.

People started hollering. The music stopped. Phones were pointed towards them.

Liam looked down at the floor - he obviously didn't know what to say. I couldn't tell whether or not he was angry, upset or about to throw another punch at his brother.

He turned to me. "April, let's go."

"I don't think-"

"We're going and that's final. Come on." Liam picked me up and carried me bridal style out of the pub as people began to get annoyed: they were probably expecting a good fight.

I didn't object and ended up falling asleep. I was pissed out of my mind and couldn't think straight - besides, I didn't want to upset liam more.

The last thing I remember was a bunch of cameras flashing.

~

4:57 am

I sat up. Waking up incredibly early in the morning was something Liam and I always seemed to do now. Carly was nowhere to be seen, and neither was Liam. And there was an odd noise coming from downstairs.

I decided to look. As I descended the polished wooden staircase, the sound became clearer and louder, but I still couldn't completely make it out.

I carefully pushed the living room door open and the sight before me left me lost for words.

Liam, sat on the floor, his head in his hands, crying his eyes out.