t w e l v e

a/n: this chapter is written in third person.

Liam walked up to the gates of Noel's fabulous home. It was about a week or so later, and he was going to talk to Noel.

He'd already broken up with Alice before the band left London, so he had one less thing to worry about.

He knew he wasn't going to just walk in and say "let's get the band together again". That wouldn't work. He wanted his brother's trust. He wanted Noel to know he was sorry.

He thought for a second at the gate, trying to figure out what the code was. Noel had moved in around 2007, and Liam had been told the code. He secretly hoped Noel hadn't changed it.

2791.

Liam sighed in relief as he typed in the code and the gates slowly creaked open. It was his own birth year, spelt backwards. Liam had thought it was cheesy at first, but now he just thought it was cute.

As he paced up the pathway to the front door, he took a few deep breaths. He was nervous; the scene where he and Noel parted ways kept replaying in his mind.

He pressed the doorbell once.

Upon hearing the sound of the door being unlocked from the other side, he took in a deep breath. The door finally swung open, revealing Noel with a cat in his arms (a different one this time). He wore a solemn expression on his face.

Silence.

Neither of them could tell how long they both stood there, maintaining eye contact, not moving a muscle.

The cat wriggled free from Noel's arms and leapt back into the house. Noel sighed.

"Are you going to punch me?" he asked.

Liam remained still.

"Guess not. Would you like to come inside?" Noel stepped aside and gestured for Liam to come in. Still, he didn't move.

Noel placed his hand back on the door and began slowly closing it when Liam abruptly shoved the door backwards, almost knocking him over in the process. Liam stepped inside and took a deep breath.

Noel's house was the same way it had always been, and he appreciated that for some reason. He turned to face Noel again, who was staring at the floor.

"Noel, I want to - uh..." he started, tripping over his words a little. "I want to apologise. I've been a bit of a knobhead."

His brother looked up from the floor and smirked. "Go on."

"I know it was you who quit, but I was the one who drove you to do so and I... I just... I hope you don't hate me."

"I don't."

Liam looked up at the ceiling, trying not to show how awkward he felt. Noel had a small smile on his face - he couldn't believe Liam had actually done this.

"I hope you're not here to just ask me if I'll join your band," he said. Liam shook his head.

"I don't want you to join Beady Eye. I want you to be my brother again, and... maybe... in the future we can think about making music together again, as Oasis."

Noel stayed silent for a while, before he spoke.

"How are things with you and April?"

"Good. We... uh... had a fall out but everything's good again."

"That's good to hear."

Liam nodded, hoping that his brother's silence towards what he said before was because he was thinking about it.

"For fuck's sake, I don't want this to be as awkward as it is right now," he admitted, holding his head in his hands. He was slowly giving up. "You know what, maybe I'll just go-"

He was interrupted by Noel hugging him. "I fucking missed you, kid," he said, making Liam feel nothing but relief and happiness.

He pulled away from the hug and looked Liam in the eye. "Want a drink?"

"Don't need to fucking ask me twice."

~

THIS WAS SO HARD TO WRITE MAINLY BECAUSE OF THE THIRD PERSON THING

-z