s i x

MONDAY, MARCH 7TH, 2011.

"Hey, April, welcome back!"

I rolled my eyes at my coworker and continued down the hallway. She (I have no idea what her name is - she's probably told me before) was always trying to become friends with me, but it was clear why - I was married to Liam. She always asked about him.

I made my way to my office and picked up the pile of papers on my desk before sitting down. on my desk sat the same picture that's been there ever since I started working here - Liam, Noel and I, in 1994, holding copies of their first ever album - Definitely Maybe. On the rare occasions Liam visited my office, I'd make sure to hide the picture so he didn't tell me to cut Noel out of it or something.

I worked as an architect. At first, I absolutely adored my job. But eventually, people took more interest in my husband than my work. Even when I was presenting something, it would always go off topic and I was sick of it.

My boss, Jennifer, walked in. "April! Nice to see you! How's Liam doing?"

I sighed. Here we go again.

"I'm doing magnificently, Jen," I said sarcastically. "Liam is fine."

"His album is really good! You'll have to get him to sign a copy for me!" she exclaimed, completely ignoring me again.

"Jennifer," I hissed, "could you not?"

"That's great! I really owe you one, April."

"BUT I DIDN'T EVEN SAY Y-"

Jennifer sashayed out of my office. I groaned and slammed my head on the desk.

Looking at the picture on my desk again, I let my mind wander off to that day.

...

flashback: august 1994

"April! Stop moving!" Liam said, trying to stifle his laughter.

"I'm not moving! You pushed me!"

"Oh, shut the hell up! Stop fighting!" Noel butted in, laughing as well.

"You're all high as kites, aren't you?" my mum chuckled as she held the camera.

"No, we're not!" Noel announced dramatically, almost dropping his copy of the album but managing to awkwardly catch it with his arms.

Eventually, we all managed to stay still. Liam had his arm around me and Noel was doing the v to the camera.

"Alright, say 'cheese'!" Mum said.

"CAMEMBERT!" Noel shouted as my mum finally took the picture.

...

I smiled. That was one of my favourite memories.

Well, I should probably get to work now, I thought to myself.

~

I had only been working for about half an hour when my work friend, Emily, opened the door and walked in. Emily was the only work friend of mine who was actually genuine and would ask me how I was doing.

"April! You're here! The company was falling apart without you!"

"Bullshit," I muttered under my breath.

"Huh? What's happened now, eh?" she asked.

"Just the usual," I explained. "The thing is, I don't want people to think I hate Liam and his music. But I'm here to work and be an architect, know what I mean?"

"Of course. You know what I think you should do?"

"What?"

"You should quit."

"You're fucking joking."

"Let me explain!" Emily said, trying to defend herself. "You've told me yourself that you don't like this job any more. I mean, look! You're clearly not enjoying yourself like you used to, are you?"

I paused for a second and thought about what she said. She was right, so...

"Hmm... I don't know..."

"You know what?" she butted in. "I'll quit with you. Been wanting to do it for ages."

"Why not." I stood up from my desk dramatically and Emily clapped.

"Come on, let's go."

~

a s h i t e filler chapter SORRY

but yeah i have a new (and frankly better) story coming soon where they're all 18 <3 (except noel lol)

ANYWAYS MY BROTHER IS WATCHING TITANIC AND IT'S THE BIT WHERE IT'S SINKING AND MY BROTHER IS ALL EXCITED AND SJDHWJDBSJ

-z :)