CHAPTER FIVE

"Oh thank god, I thought you might have been pushed into the chasm!" Sage exclaimed whilst running up to me as I came into the dormitory.

"Nope, perfectly alive," I said and spun around as if to show I was okay, "I would love to have seen him try."

"What was that all about anyway?" Chase asked me as I sat down on the bed opposite him.

"It was weird, he just asked me if I cared about initiation."

"Why would he ask you that? Why hasn't he asked us that? Are we doing something wrong? Are you doing something wrong?" Sage looked panic stricken as she asked us all these questions.

"I don't know, I think he might have taken a slight interest in our little Iris here," Jasper suggested, winking at me.

"What the hell? No he hasn't! And besides, I'm not little," I said stubbornly, crossing my arms.

"Well you're the smallest out of us, so yes you are, and I can see where Jasper's coming from." Chase backed Jasper up, whilst Sage winked at me.

"This is ridiculous. I want a piercing," I added afterwards in an attempt to change the subject.

"Maybe it's to match with Eric's?" Sage teased, nudging me with her elbow.

"Guys shut up and come and help decide what piercing to get," I said, rolling my eyes and standing up.

"I think you should get one above your eyebrow," Jasper suggested, winking again.

"I said shut up!" I laughed and pushed him.

"I know what you should get!" Sage suddenly shouted over us.

"Care to share?" I asked her, giggling slightly.

"You should get an industrial piercing!"

"An indestructible what?" Chase questioned her, clearly baffled.

"It's called industrial," Sage explained with an eye roll, "and it's basically a bar through her ear."

"Sounds pretty Dauntless to me, Eric will probably like it," Jasper said, smirking at his comment.

"Jasper, I am so glad you find yourself funny, but no one else does." I informed him, watching all the others contradict my statement as they joined in with the smirking.

**

"Well, well, well, if it isn't my little group of troopers!" We heard a familiar voice say as we entered the tattoo and piercing parlour.

"Elliot, explain something to me. What the hell is an indistinguishable piercing?" Chase asked him.

"Industrial!" Sage shouted from somewhere inside the parlour.

"Oh well it's basically just a bar through your ear, why who's getting one?" Chase rolled his eyes as Elliot said this as he hadn't been able to get a proper answer from anyone.

"I am," I spoke up, "but the real question is, why are you here young sir?"

"Ah well that would be telling, wouldn't it?"

"You're in a bloody tattoo and piercing parlour Iris, as is he, isn't it obvious what he's doing?" Matt said, emerging from a stand of tattoo designs. He seemed to have cheered up since dinner, so I decided against asking him if he was okay.

"Iris is getting a piercing to impress Eric!" Jasper called out.

"Jasper shut up!" I yelled at him, shoving him slightly.

"Well I could feel the sexual tension from all the way across the pit earlier," Elliot said, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"That's bullshit," I muttered, rolling my eyes, "where's the third ridiculous musketeer?"