CHAPTER TEN

As I walked up the corridor back to the dormitory I couldn't help but think about what Eric had said. Why was he asking me all these questions? Was that what he did with all initiates, or was it just me? I knew I shouldn't think I'm special to him or anything, but this is twice now that he's asked me things that he hasn't asked anyone else and it was making my mind wander to places it shouldn't.

As I got to the door of the dormitory I remembered how I had left things earlier in the Pit. I took a deep breath and swung the door open, only to find that the dormitory was empty. I figured that they must be out drinking again, and God only knows where Lee, Toby, Jason and Layla were, they were probably out drinking too.

I got my ring out from under my mattress and sat there, twirling it around my finger. I hadn't had any time to think about home for a while, so it was nice to be sat here with only my thoughts to keep me company. I quickly put my ring away before I could get too upset and grabbed a towel and my pyjamas before going into the bathroom to have a shower. I closed the shower door shut behind me after getting undressed and let the water run over me, thoughts whirling through my head.

After having stood in the shower for far too long, I decided it was time to dry off and get into bed. I wrapped the towel around me and stepped out of the stall, putting on my underwear and my oversized t-shirt. I hung my towel up on a rail when I suddenly heard footsteps coming up behind me. I whirled around, ready to defend myself when I saw it was only Lee who had come into the room. I rolled my eyes and walked over to my bed and got in, getting underneath the covers. I felt the weight pushing down on my bed before I saw him sitting down on it.

"Lee, what are you doing?" I asked harshly, not particularly wanting to be around him.

"Don't worry Iris, I'm here to apologise," he said, stroking my cheek. I backed away from him, and internally sighed as I smelt the alcohol on his breath.

"Please just go, I'm not in the mood for this," I sighed, trying not to say anything that would cause any anger.

"But I'm truly sorry, I never meant to upset you. Truth be told I'm just weirdly attracted to you," he admitted as he grabbed my hand. I snatched it away as I jumped out of bed.

"Um okay, maybe you need to go to sleep?" I suggested, backing away from him slightly.

In the blink of an eye, I was pushed up against the wall, Lee's arm shoved against my throat.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" He spat at me. He obviously didn't take rejection too well.

"Lee, you're drunk. Let go of me and none of us get hurt," I bargained, although I was desperate to kick him where it would hurt.

"You don't mean that," he snarled as he leaned in to kiss me.

"Woah, okay, back off," I said, pushing him away.

"I know you don't mean that," he growled, kissing me again, his hands trying to pull my shirt off.

"Lee, get off me!" I shouted at him, kneeing him in the crotch. I ran away from him, intending to go to the Pit, but my legs were pulled out from underneath me. I fell right on my front, hitting my chin in the process, and scrambled to get up but I was too slow and Lee had got me pinned down. He shoved his hands under my top, groping any bit of skin he could. I started screaming, hoping someone would be walking past the initiates room, although I knew how unlikely that would be considering there weren't many places around us.

I felt his hand smack me right on the mouth as he obviously tried to silence me. "It would be a whole lot easier if you didn't fucking scream."

I bit his hand and started screaming again, thrashing around, but was silenced by the hard punch to my gut. I tried to punch his jaw, but he grabbed both my hands and held them down so instead I spat in his face. This obviously riled him up even more, but it went according to plan as he let go of one of my hands to punch me, so I managed to get a punch right on his nose.