CHAPTER ELEVEN

I woke up all too early to the sound of an alarm going off. I frowned and rolled over and suddenly remembered I wasn't in the dormitory; I was in Eric's apartment. With a punch to the gut, I suddenly remembered what had happened last night. What made it worse was that I knew I would have to explain where I was last night to Sage, Jasper, and Chase, and that would mean explaining what happened.

"Morning initiate," Eric said from the sofa. I rolled my eyes and sat up.

"What's the time?"

"6 o'clock. Don't look so shocked, I need to get up early to wake the rest of you up in time."

I nodded as I realised this. I sighed and sat on the edge of his bed, running my hand through my hair.

"I'm going down to the Pit to grab some food for the both of us as I assume you want to avoid the other initiates for as long as possible. Feel free to shower whilst I'm gone," he said pulling on some boots and lacing them up.

"Thank you," I replied, giving him a small smile. He nodded in response and walked out of the door leaving me alone in his apartment.

I threw the duvet off of me and rolled out of bed walking out of the bedroom and into the bathroom.

I stripped off my clothes and stood and looked at myself in the mirror. I had a bruise on my chin from where I had hit it when I fell, however it wasn't as bad as it could have been. The punch I had received to my gut had been hard and had left a slight mark, but it would fade after a couple of days. I turned around and looked at my back and could see a slight bruise, but it didn't look too serious either. What was really affecting me was the way this had caused me to suffer mentally. I was experiencing the biggest confidence drop since I got here. If I couldn't fight back last night, how was I supposed to succeed? I had been doing so well, scarily well, but maybe it was just beginners luck?

I shook myself and turned on the shower, walking in and relishing the warm sprays that were hitting me. It felt as though I was washing off Lee's touch and it instantly made me feel a little bit better. I washed my hair and got out, grabbing a towel.

I dried myself and got dressed, tying my hair up into a high ponytail. I realised I didn't have any makeup as I was at Eric's and sighed as I realised I was going to have to go the day without it. I didn't like the thought of this as I thought it would make me appear beaten and weak, but there was nothing to do about it so I would just have to deal with it.

I walked back into the living room and sat cross-legged on the sofa waiting for Eric to come back. I made the mistake of wondering what was going to happen to Lee and flashbacks of last night flooded my mind.

I looked up as the door slammed shut and saw Eric in the kitchen, the food on the table and him stood there, his hands clenching the sides of the table, a look of fury on his face.

I slowly got up and walked over to him, hovering cautiously on the other side of the table.

"What's wrong?" I asked, still being careful as I wasn't sure I wanted to be on the receiving end of Eric's current anger.

He slowly looked up at me and took a deep breath, "They've let Lee off. He's got off scot-free."

"No... No that's not... I don't..." I said, shaking my head and sinking down onto one of his kitchen chairs.

"I'm so sorry Iris, I don't know how this happened."

"No it's okay," I said and took a deep breath, "I had a feeling he would somehow get out of it, they always do."

"Well they shouldn't! I don't understand what Max is playing at."

"It could have something to do with Lee being related to Jeanine Matthews" I suggested, suddenly remembering this information.