CHAPTER EIGHT

"Listen up. This afternoon we'll be throwing knives. We'll be throwing them at targets, not people," Eric said, his eyes flickering over to me as he said that. "Now if your aim when you were shooting was good, it doesn't necessarily mean that your aim when throwing knives is good. Four here is going to show you how to stand correctly, so take note."

We all turned around to see Four throw five knives, each one hitting the very center of the target. I looked at his stance and tried to memorise it. He was stood the exact same way I had seen in the books I read back in Candor.

After he had finished we all walked over to a different target and everyone started throwing knives at their targets. I decided to try, but not actually throw the knife to see what felt most comfortable. I could feel someone staring into my back, but decided to ignore them. After a few more tries, I threw the knife and it landed just outside the last ring, but I was still the only one who had got it to stay into my target.

"Smart move," I heard Four say behind me as he walked onto the next person.

I smiled to myself and tried throwing another knife, altering my stance slightly. I threw the knife again and it still didn't hit the center of the target. I sighed and took another knife and tried changing my stance again.

"It's not your stance that's wrong, it was fine the first time," Eric informed me, coming up and putting one hand against my back and the other against my stomach, "you need to tighten your core. You're moving too much when throwing it."

He moved his hands and nodded, indicating for me to try again. I took what he said into consideration and threw the knife again. It hit the second ring.

"That's better, but keep trying," He said and walked away still feeling the warmth where his hands had been. I rolled my eyes at myself and threw another knife.

**

After dinner, Sage and I went up to the dormitory to get ready for another night out. I decided to dress down today and just wore a pair of ripped black skinny jeans, a crop top and some black slip-ons that I bought earlier today. Sage put on a black skirt and a sheer black top that she had bought the same time as the dress yesterday evening.

I let my hair down and ran my fingers through it and let Sage do my make up as she was very disgruntled over the fact that I hadn't chosen to dress up.

"And voila! No one will notice your outfit because your face will take their breath away!" Sage said, directing me towards a mirror in the bathroom.

I had to say, she had done a good job. She had given me a black smokey eye and bright red lips, which I'm assuming she bought all the make up for yesterday as well.

"Not bad," I said, smiling at her.

"Well, I do try. My parents used to get annoyed about the fact that I would rather experiment with make-up instead of do my homework," she shrugged, looking as if she really didn't care.

I shook my head and laughed, "Well it sure paid off!"

"Right let's go down to the bar and meet the others!" she squealed, dragging me along.

"What if we get wasted tonight and end up annoying Eric again?" I queried.

"Who cares? Let's just go out and have fun!"

I shook my head and laughed at her again, she was something else. As we entered the bar I could see the boys were already there and there were three unfamiliar faces who I assumed were Tangela, Fia and Jackson.

"Hey guys, this Tangela, Fia and Jackson," Trae told us, gesturing to who was who.

"Please call me Tan though, only my parents and Trae call me Tangela," she said, shooting Trae a look.