Chapter 19

Chaos. It was all chaos.

Gilan's spontaneous recovery had only stopped the fighting for a few seconds.

Standing in the middle of everything, Gilan took a breath. In any other case, he would have stopped the argument, but he didn't.

Gilan's training had taught him much more. And his "illness" from the past days had taught him even more.

Exhaling, Gilan looked around. There were many choices he could take. But he had to be careful. One mistake could get everyone killed.

That's when Gilan realized it. He had no idea what to do. Gilan sighed, and shook his head slowly. "At least I tried," he murmured before raising his voice to a yell. "I SAID STOP!"

Yet again, everyone turned to face him, and Gilan gulped. But fortunately, or maybe unfortunately for him, Crow Man stepped in.

"You!" He snarled, pointing at a group of his followers. "Get them inside." He gestured at the children.

Gilan was shoved into the crowd and was pushed back to the little, empty house.

"Gilan!"

Gilan turned to see Elaine's relieved and desperate face followed by Milo's curious one. He halfhearted grinned before falling onto the ground and rolling inside the building.

"A-are you alright?" Milo asked, taking a seat next to him.

"I'm fine."

Milo frowned at Gilan's swift response, but didn't acknowledge it. Elaine payed no attention to it, her eyes light with joy.

"Gilan!" she exclaimed. "Don't ever scare me like that again. But I want to know, how did you snap out of it? We've tried everything we could've done and nothing worked. How much do you remember? I n-"

Milo raised up a hand to stop Elaine from talking. Gilan was no longer paying attention to her. His eyes were on the ground, somewhat dimmer than before.

"He's unstable," he quietly murmured to Elaine. "He hasn't quite healed yet."

Frowning, Elaine pursed her lips. "Gilan!"

Gilan jerked up. "Yes?" he quickly replied.

"You blanked out."

Gilan sheepishly rubbed one of the many purple bruises on his arms. "Oops. Sorry!"

Elaine and Milo glanced at each other, worried glints in their eyes. But they said no words, in fear that Gilan would lash out and go back to his previous state.

>>>------------->

Humphrey had his fists on the door, his head facing the ground as if he was trying to pound his way out. His head was about to explode with all the scenarios he had created playing in his head at the same time.

But one scenario in his head was calling out. And he knew it was the terrible truth.

Bright red hair, full beard, brown eyes, voice, and everything else. He knew everything about Crow Man. And he hated it.

Humphrey slammed his fists into the door, a burning rage lit inside of him. His red, spiky hair were like fire, that was about to set fire to the house, and his pale skin was almost white.

"Crow Man," Humphrey muttered. "William Brown." Crow Man's name rolled off of his tongue naturally.

Suddenly, the door swung open, and Humphrey then stood face to face to Crow Man.

"What are you doing so close to the door?" Crow Man growled, distracted from his task.

"Nothing," Humphrey replied as the children turned to watch.

Crow Man narrowed his eyes. "Get back," he snarled.

Humphrey smirked and stepped back. "Whatever you say, Brown."

Everything was silent. Everyone was staring at the two.

"What did you just call me?" Crow Man asked, his voice dangerously quiet.

"William Brown," Humphrey stepped back forward.

Suddenly, his hand shot out and pushed the cloak off of Crow Man's head revealing their identical red-colored hair and light brown eyes.

"Father," Humphrey angrily whispered, his mood changing. "You don't know how much I missed you."

A/N:

:)
What a nice cliffie.

*dodges all the food being tossed at me*

Anyways, advertisement:

Check out my new fanfiction on WattyWarriors4! It's called Flares of War: Shadowed Sun, and it's a Warriors fanfic. I will be releasing the Prologue Sunday, which should be tomorrow. Thanks!

Anyways, I'll go sort out all of the OCs now...