nine

C A M E R O N

"Looking good Cameron," A girl says to me as I was walking at of the restroom. My eyes immediately shot to her, I knew then I was about to play the game. "If you like what you see then come and get it," I smirked. The girl walked slowly, almost sultry, to get to me.

She finally reached me and leaned in to whisper in my ear. "I don't date faggots." Her face drawn back and gave me a laugh and then left. Through it all Shawn ruined everything about us. I flicked her off and took a swig of the nearest liquor I grabbed, which seemed like whiskey. I was so out of it that I needed to take a seat on the couch. There was just one other guy on it so I figured why the hell not.

I finally turned to see who the guy was, it was Nash, his eyes were red and his face was puffed up. "Nash," I slurred, trying to force out my thoughts. "Cameron, are you okay?" The blue eyed boy looked at me with his eyes, almost piercing me from the stare.

"No Nash, I am not okay." Tears swelled up in my eyes and I laughed as I laid my head on the couch pillows. "Cameron, I'm sorry about what I said about Shawn." Nash touched my shoulder. "It's okay Nash, you told me the truth and I'm very happy you did, but I feel bad for you, for what I did to you." I looked up at him.

"Don't worry about it," The boy gave me a smile and pat on the shoulder. "No, what if we could of been something?" I grabbed his hand with mine and we interlocked. "Dallas you're drunk." Nash laughed with his hand still in mine.

"I sure am," I leaned in and gave him a kiss. His eyes looked shocked at first, but I could tell he was into it. His tongue swirled with mine, I never felt so much more alive. This sensation with boys felt incredible.

"You're such a slut!" A voice yelled out. Me and Nash broke it off to see who had been so mad at our kiss to break it. It was Shawn of course. "How am I a slut, if I want someone, ill get them, isn't that how you and Gilinsky were?" I shot back, I was fumed with anger and sadness and a bit drunk.

"God are you stupid? I never kissed Gilinsky! I don't know why he told you that or why you even believe that. Yes I played you, but you know who egged it on? The guy your lips were just all over." Shawn cake up to me and pulled me by my shirt. "I am not stupid, I'm just heartbroken." I got up and headed straight for the door, I came with somebody at this party in my hand, now all I have it a broken heart and a set of keys determined to leave.

S H A W N

I felt bad for my interaction with Cameron. He just left and he looked like he was crying. "God you ruined my relationship then you go kiss him?" I looked at Nash. "Shawn, please don't leave." He tugged at my arm. "Why shouldn't I? Don't you want me to?" I cried. "No, I don't." He touched my cheek.

God I couldn't do this. I just looked at him and laughed."You want me after you kissed my boyfriend? Sorry that's not how life works, you can't just kiss boys and thank you're the shit. If you think that then you must be really stupid." I got up and walked away from him.

I found Johnson flirting with some girl. "Hey can you take me home?" I asked him. "Yeah I will," Johnson looked so genuine as he said that. "Thanks," and we walked out of the house together.

"So what happened with Cameron?" He looked concerned as he got into the driver's seat. "Gilinsky said I kissed him, but I didn't." Johnson didn't look surprised as I said that. "Johnson, what do you know?" I gave him a look as he didn't say anything after I told him about the Gilinsky situation.

"Look don't get mad," Johnson stuck the key in to fire the ignition. "Now I feel like I should get mad." I laughed, but was worried. "Gilinsky told him that because Gilinsky likes Cameron." Johnson looked at me. "Of course he likes Cameron? He's his best friend?" I laughed like it was a joke. "No like Gilinsky likes Cameron." Johnson emphasized the like.

"You mean Gilinsky's gay?" My face heated up. "Well he's bisexual, but yes Gilinsky likes Cameron like that." Johnson was about 6 minutes from my house as we turned into a road with a familiar tree.

"So let me get it straight, he told Cameron that he kissed me, so that Cameron can no longer like me, and like Gilinsky instead?" I asked Johnson with a snicker. "Yes." Johnson looked scared as if I was going to do something stupid like jump out of the car or something.

"Jesus they're two tops for one thing, they'll probably fight to see who will get to fuck who." I put my hand over my mouth and started laughing. "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that." Johnson stopped at my house and I hopped out. "Thanks Johnson, goodbye!" I waved and he waved back.

I just laid on my lawn as I looked up at the stars. It was a beautiful night. I wish I could lay here forever with him by my side. I wish Gilinsky never told Cameron that stupid lie for such a stupid reason. My phone chirped with a new message notification. I groaned as I got my phone to see who texted me this late.

cameron : to say that you're not still mine would be stupid, plus i know what gilinsky told me was a lie, johnson told me, but i don't like him like that because i like someone else like that. his name is shawn mendes.

-
authors note : thank you so much for 1k reads!! I'm so excited again to write this