Chapter 17 - "You know where to find me."

After everyone was done eating, they joined the large crowd heading back towards the stage for the final concert.

"Weren't you heading somewhere when you stopped at our tailgate party?" Kit asked Ronnie as they walked side by side to the stage.

He shrugged. "I was going to meet up with the rest of the band."

"Won't they worry about you?"

"Nah, they don't like me that much," he said. Kit laughed. "We aren't leaving until after the final concert, and they'll understand once I explain what happened."

"What? That our group was so fascinating you had to stop? Or is it because we offered you free food?"

He laughed, and a few of the girls walking near them moved closer to try and listen in to their conversation.

"The free food was a pleasant bonus, but I stopped for the people. Well, really just one person." He playfully nudged her and she laughed.

"Did you say that you are leaving after the final concert?" Fiona asked, stepping closer to join the conversation.

Ronnie nodded. "Yeah. We have a few shows up North at the end of the week."

"What? You have to leave?" Becca asked.

The group of girls that had been hovering around them, moved in closer. Ronnie grinned as they all pouted about his soon departure, and Kit just rolled her eyes.

The crowd around the stage was triple the size it had been during the afternoon's concert. The bright colorful lights from the stage filled the dark night air with a mystical glow. Ronnie and the group had been slow in arriving, and were only able to find spots in the back. As they waited for the concert to begin, the girls around Ronnie kept up a constant conversation and Kit listened in, always entertained by his responses.

The night suddenly went dark as the stage lights shut off, and the crowd screamed as dark figures took the stage. Kit didn't know the band, but their classic rock music had a heavy beat and kept her and Ronnie dancing. From the first song, he had her spinning and dancing around. As more people joined the crowd, it got too squished to dance and they moved further back, searching for room to move.

Halfway through the concert the lead singer exchanged his guitar for the piano and ran his fingers up and down the keys. Ronnie and Kit swayed back and forth, their breathing still ragged from dancing. She scanned the crowd. They had drifted back from where the rest of the group was.

She could see Jaxon's tall figure, and was surprised when she spotted Amanda by his side but no Edison. She quickly looked for him among the group and found him pushing his way out of the crowd, heading in her direction. As he drew closer, she could tell he wasn't happy, and he was limping. He was walking straight for her, but didn't seem to notice her. She reached out and grabbed his arm to stop him.

"Hey, what's wrong?" she asked.

Her touch surprised him, and it took a moment for his eyes to focus on her and Ronnie.

He frowned and shook his head.

"Nothing," he mumbled, as he shrugged off her hold.

She watched him limp away.

"What's wrong?" Ronnie asked, nodding in the direction Edison had walked.

Kit shrugged. "I don't know. He didn't say."

"What did he do to his foot? It looked like he was limping."

"I think he hurt it when he did his flip."