Alternative Epilogue

This is for everyone who couldn't handle the sadness.
(Also JoymomentsSISTER says for best results: play Kygo's Permanent on repeat while reading)
***********************************

The bell over the door rang out a welcome as Edison stepped into Al's diner. He smiled, the sight before him one of his favorites.

Wanda looked up from behind the register and smiled sleepily, but didn't show any intention of moving. She knew he didn't require any assistance. Tonight, the lone patron at the counter was an older man drowning his feelings in a pool of syrup and pancakes.

The air smelled like something sweet and fried. Edison started for the back booth, his shoes squeaking on the sticky, tile floor. He paused when a low, purring engine could be heard outside. He looked out the window and saw a moped pulling into the parking lot. It stopped just outside the diner.

He smiled as a girl climbed off and shook out her mane of curly blonde hair.

His smile grew as he watched her skip the few steps to the front door and throw it open, the bell ringing violently at her force. She stopped when she saw him, her own smile spreading quickly across her face.

She was in a large, red sweatshirt Edison recognized. It had gone missing from his closet around the same time she had left.

Her eyes sparkled, and he could almost feel the energy and excitement radiating off her. She went up on her toes before she began to skip towards him. He took a few quick steps towards her and she met him halfway.

They collided, his arms around her waist, hers around his neck. He breathed her in and it felt like he could truly breath for the first time in two months.

He was the first one to pull back. He wanted to see her face, take in all the details he had missed. She looked right back, mirroring his own intent look with a hint of mockery.

"It's my new nose, isn't?" Kit said. "The plastic surgeon said no one would notice." She pulled further away, like she was seriously concerned. "I knew I shouldn't have started that bar fight. But you should have heard what that old woman was saying."

Edison could tell she was about to start one of her outlandish stories and he cut her off with a kiss.

She didn't put up a fight, the bar and old woman forgotten the moment their lips met. He could feel her smile as she wrapped her arms around his neck tighter. After a long, breathless moment, she pulled back.

"But seriously, this old woman -"

He chuckled and kissed her once more before he began to lead her towards their back booth, an arm still securely wrapped around her as she continued to prattle on about the bar fight. She only stopped to call out a greeting to Wanda.

He slid into the booth first, pulling her after him, but she pulled free. She walked to the swinging kitchen doors and popped her head in.

"Hey Roger!" she shouted. "How's Diana?"

The gruff looking cook appeared in the order window, a bright smile on his face.

"She could be better. She's still married to me."

His rough laugh filled the diner, mixing with Kit's bright one.

"Lucky you!" she said.

"You back in town for the game?" Roger asked.

Kit looked back at Edison and grinned.

"I wouldn't miss it for all of the ice cream in the world."