Story 19

Story 19: Idiot

Back to NOAH'S P.O.V.:

"Geez, you guys haven't changed", I muttered as I wiped custard and sauce off from the corner of their mouths with some paper napkins.

"Messy eating habits don't go that easily, huh?" I smiled and shook my head before throwing away the napkins to a nearby trashcan. "Sometimes I felt more like your babysitter than your lover."

Both of them stared and blinked. "You can be both."

I resist face-palming, even though they were right. The whole babysitting thing was my original quest, anyway. Can't believe how things change so much within a week with them.

As we finish our hotdogs and drinks, I began to watch my surroundings.

The sun has gotten lower, and in results more people were here at the park. The outdoor food court we were sitting at also starts getting more and more line of customers. Despite all the noise from the outside, we were still more distracted by one another's words, enjoying one another's company.

Talking to them rather casually like this makes me feel at ease. Just being with them comforts me with happiness. I forgot that falling in love is a wonderful feeling.

...I totally forgot about it since then...

"You trust me, right, Noah?"

"Why wouldn't I? Brandon, you big idiot."

A headache made its way to my head. Fucking hate flashbacks. I shook it away for now, not wanting it to ruin the moment.

"You okay?" Both of them asked, probably noticing my cold sweat. I forced a smile and nodded, but I knew it didn't convince them enough.

"Shall we go now?" I asked and pulled both of them to their feet, pulling them to a random ride, which happens to be merry-go-round.

It's pretty kiddish, but I enjoyed it as much as they did. We chose our preferred horses close to one another, help little kids up to their horses, talk to them and even wave at strangers. I took some pictures with my phone and when the ride ends, we said our goodbye to the children.

"I like little kids", I muttered with a happy sigh. The twins apparently heard me and smiled.

"I can see that", Keith stated, holding onto one of my hand.

"You're really good with them", Kyle added and held onto my other hand.

I chuckled, "Probably why I spoils Theo and you guys too much, huh?" I smirked teasingly when they pouted. "We're not little kids!"

I giggled afterwards as I dragged them to another ride, which happens to be extreme. I guess more screaming time for both of them.

***

"There's no way I'm going in that!" Keith growled in a terrified manner, hiding behind me.

Finally it's Kyle's turn to snicker, as he pointed to the huge haunted house at the very edge of the park. "Pussy much? It's not like the ghosts are real. It could be worse, brother."

He said that, but the sudden scream from inside the place makes me, Keith, and other people lining up flinch. People began talking to one another in excitement and I find myself also. Kyle grinned while Keith cringe and clutch onto my sleeve.

So... It seems like while Kyle is scared of heights and extreme rides, Keith is afraid of ghosts and jump-scares. Such opposites, much irony. It's like they likes each other's weakness on purpose.