Story 23

Story 23: Possessive

Back to present time, LUCA'S P.O.V.:

"Lure her brother out by Gerald!"

After my sudden burst of suggestion, Gerald slapped me across the shoulder. With no playful intention. He just had this serial murder look in his eyes directed at me and pretended to slice his throat indicating he wants me dead.

"You're a fucking dipshit and you should know it", he scoffed sternly, not looking friendly at all and make sure I saw him rolling his eyes. "Whatever is up with your mind to came up with this ridiculous plan, my guts said it wouldn't work. And my guts are fabulous accurate. But dude, seriously. Stop. Can we stop talking about this whole Brandon thing, PLEASE?!"

"We can give it a shot", I told him, replying back with a mocking grin. "Anyway, besides that, wouldn't you like to be re-united with your long-term secret admirer?"

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" He growled in a low voice. "Stop this bs. Why the heck are you even trying to make me hook up with that punk? I don't know about you, but I wouldn't even consider. He's the whole reason why Noah goes through all this shit, right? No way I'm going out with a shady dude like him, even if he's attractive."

I don't know what to say at that. Not that I admit defeat, but I wouldn't want to break into a fight with Gerry now. There was a cold silence in the room before Arthur decided to break the ice.

"Honestly? We don't exactly need to lure him", Arthur stated. "We can't be sure about using Heather's sources or using Gerald as a bait. Heather could be lying. Brandon could've set her up this whole time. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask her a little stuff with friendly intention?..."

"Is that not too direct?" I murmured in a question.

Arthur shrugged a little, "If we just ask things regarding Heather and why she's in the orphanage, it couldn't be that bad... I'm unsure, though. She's a kid. What do you think, Gerry?"

"I wouldn't say for sure, but this is much better than any of Lulu's plan", he said with a sigh. "I guess I'll... Try to go to that orphanage again and see what happens..."

He looked over at the only clock in the room and stood up before packing up his laptop bag. "You guys, go online on Skype later", he told us, slightly shrugging. "I need to go help in the bakery. And this Anime I need to watch afterwards."

Gerald gave me one more scowl but smiled at Arthur. He said a quick bye before going out of the front door, tripping on the front steps. He scoffed and slammed the door as he went out.

"There goes Gerald Castro", I sighed. Arthur chuckled.

I looked at the clock myself and noticed that I should be going now if I wouldn't want to miss Theo going. W-Wait, who cares though?

I told Arthur about that and he blinked sort of in surprise and amusement. "Oh, Theo's in town? Since when?" he asked, tilting his head slightly. Realizing that they haven't seen each other yet, I felt sort of... Anxious?

"Uh, yea..." I stammered. Theo definitely likes Arthur more than me, and that sort of makes me uncomfortable. I don't know what's up, but I just felt a weird uneasy feeling... No, it's not jealously I tell you.

"I haven't seen him in a while. Mind if I come along?"

I tensed up. Whatever the fuck I'm feeling right now, I just don't want Theo and Arthur to meet. Like, he's getting in the way...

Wait. What the fuck, Luca? Arthur's a bro. He's allowed to do anything he wants! Why are you even getting bothered by the thought that they're going to see each other again and probably sweet talk and hug and forget about you?! Wait, WHAT?!