Story 21

Leo it is. Anyway, new ship incoming. Plot twist ahead.

~~~

Story 21: Another Piece of Puzzle

What I know next, Gerald was running to the direction of where Heather just went - inside the orphanage. I found myself doing the same thing, all while pulling Theo's hand with me. I could hear him gasp for a second but then ran along without questioning anything.

Inside, we saw Jones talking to some orphanage staff, sort off ignoring us and vice versa. Gerald tapped Heather on the shoulder. The girl turned to him with a questioning look.

Gerald first tried to catch his breath and hesitated before talking. "Excuse me, but, are you... Heather? Heather Robinson?"

The grey-haired girl blinked but nodded. "Yes. Why?"

Both Gerald and I froze in place.

Whoa wait a goddamned tick. If Heather, Brandon's younger sister is here, doesn't that mean... Brandon's not taking care of him? Did he died? Disown her? Maybe working here? WTF?

"Where's... Your brother?..." Gerald suddenly breathed out. His eyes are full of determination and slight hatred. Of course he dislikes Brandon for, uh, everything?

She tilted her head. "...He said not to tell anyone who asks. Who are you, though? I think I've seen you before..."

I swallowed a mouthful of saliva while Heather observed Gerald.

"Ah, you are Gerald! Brandon's friend, yes?" she finally said after a while. Gerald stared at her dumbfounded, probably not expecting her to remember his name.

"You still are a good girl. Anyway, are you sure your brother doesn't want anyone to know where he is? Even his friend?" Gerald asked and patted Heather's head. She shook her head. "I don't know. I was told to keep my mouth shut or else he'll be very sad!"

Suspicious...

Gerald must've thought the same thing, because he got his thinking face on. "...I see."

Jones walked over to us, motioning that his business is done. Gerald nodded at Heather's direction. "Well, Heather, we'll be going. Say... Hello to your brother from me, I guess... See you some other time", Gerald told her with a warm smile.

Heather replied with a grin. "Thank you! My brother will be happy to hear you said hello to him after all these years! Hee hee!"

"Oh", Gerald muttered. "Really?"

"Yes!" Heather exclaimed cheerfully. "He talks about you all the time! He said he really liiiiikes you!"

Wat.

Jones and Theo blinked. "Huh?"

My face went derp. "Eeh?"

Gerald's jaw dropped open.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?!?!?!?!"

***

"EEEEEEHHHH?!?!"

"Oh my God, stop doing that, Castro!" I scoffed, shoving his shoulder not too hard. Man, this is pretty depressing, all these ironic news. Yeah, wait until Noah heard that Brandon had a crush on Gerald.

I mean, oh-the Irony. I always knew Noah used to like Brandon somehow, and Gerald has a thing for Noah until about, uh, midway of middle school. But this thing about Brandon liking Gerald is one new fucked up shit yo. Their triangle-love cycle is dumb. Gotta search up some songs about irony and link Gerald to it.