Chapter 51: I've Actually Prepared A Gift For You

Chapter 51: I've Actually Prepared A Gift For You, But I Don't Feel Like Giving It To You Now!

After An Yize carried Su Jian away, Ji Mingfei looked at Ji Yan. Seeing Ji Yan hugging herself pathetically, he thought for a moment before removing his coat and putting it onto her. He said gentlemanly, "Miss Ji, is there anything else I can help you with?"

Ji Yan looked silently at the leaving An Yize, her eyes having obscured thoughts. Hearing his words, she replied, "It's okay, thank you." Pausing for a moment, she added, "I will send someone to return your coat tomorrow." Finishing her words, she turned around and left.

Looking at Ji Yan's straight back, Ji Mingfei shrugged his shoulders.

Ji Mingfei stayed outside for a while. Estimating that the doctor who was checking out Su Jian should have left, he then proceeded towards An Yize's room.

As expected, there was no one else in the room other than Su Jian who was lying on the bed and An Yize who was putting Su Jian's hand under the blanket.

Ji Mingfei asked with a whisper, "How is sister-in-law?"

An Yize turned around to look at him and said faintly, "Nothing serious. It's just that she had a leg cramp and she choked on water, so she needs to rest."

Ji Mingfei looked towards Su Jian. "That's good." Turning his head back, he rrealizedthat An Yize was looking at him. His heart shivered. He asked with confusion, "Yize?"

An Yize had a perplexed expression. "Jian Jian and Ah Yan falling into the water...wasn't an accident."

Ji Mingfei sighed and gave a wry smile. "Since you have already concluded that, what else is there for me to say?"

An Yize furrowed his brows. "Ah Fei, you really pushed Ah Yan?"

Ji Mingfei admitted it openly. "Yes. Aren't all women concerned with this issue? I feel that your Su Jian would also be concerned about this—if your old love and her fell into the water, who would you save? Of course, I admit that I'm very curious as well." When he saw that An Yize's expression wasn't good, he smiled and said, "Actually, this could bring you some benefits as well. You were like a hero saving a damsel in distress. That little girl of yours will definitely be moved."

An Yize looked towards Su Jian's slightly pale lips and said with knitted brows, "I don't need it."

"You don't need it?" Ji Mingfei raised his eyebrows. "Are you saying you don't need to prove to your little girl or are you saying that you don't need me to be a busybody?" Ji Mingfei glanced at An Yize and slowly said, "Yize, did...your heart ache when Ji Yan fell into the water?"

An Yize ignored his question. Overlooking it, he checked on Su Jian's condition.

A faint light flashed in Ji Mingfei's eyes. He slowly said, "Yize, what if I said that I only used a little force?"

An Yize came back to his senses. "What do you mean?"

"Nothing." Ji Mingfei pursed his lips, feeling sad from helplessness. "I know you will not believe me. No matter how she treats you, she will always be the most important person in your heart, isn't it?"

"Ah Fei!" An Yize's eyebrows were scrunched up. He suddenly stood up.

Ji Mingfei looked at Su Jian who was on the bed. When he looked back at An Yize, his expression was a little decadent. "Yize, it's fine if you don't believe in me. However, if you act this way with sister-in-law, she will definitely be very sad. Women are very sensitive. Not trusting her hurts way more than not loving her."