01; 3 boys and a lollipop

"Alright, maybe he isn't so worth it!" I listen to my best friend complaining, stuffing her mouth full of mash potatoes as she dwells about her love life.

"I told you already, Leah," I shrugged, scooping a slight spoonful of the potatoes and feeding myself.

She grunts loudly, furrowing her eyebrows and sending me a small pout, "I know but he's just so sweet and nice and funny!"

"Leah," I sighed.

I looked back at her in pity. The dark navy pinned straight hair of hers perfectly laid passed her shoulders. Big brown eyes, and a pink pouty lips that would easily have any guy fall for her.

Why was she so caught up on this guy?

"You've barely 'talk-talked' with him since the party a few nights ago," I shook my head, "Don't fall for him too deeply, please. And knowing him for four years, he most certainly does this to other girls too."

She sighs loudly, sitting back up straight as she randomly dusts off the table in front of her, "You're right."

I watched her in amusement as she rubs her palm across the lunch table, followed by her long groaning and sighing.

"I just wish guys weren't so manipulating!" she cries, laying her head on the back of her palms.

"We all do," I chuckled.

Leah pulls out her phone, tapping it repeatedly before it transitions to a screen full of multiple blue bubbles.

My eyes widened, "Leah!" I hollered, "Why'd you text him so much?"

I couldn't help but laugh. I took her phone and scrolled down the iMessage, "Most of these are just you spamming laughing emojis!"

Looking at an embarrassed Leah, I rested my palm on my forehead, "No, Leah!"

Then I started laughing even more.

"I wanted him to know how funny he is," she whined.

"Not like that," I shook my head, locking her phone, "He probably thinks you're psycho with your laughing self."

"Does he?" she stresses, placing the palm of her hands on both sides of her face.

I thought about it again, "Probably!"

"Juniper, do you think you can do something about it?" she pleaded me, in a soft way.

My body softened up to my best friend, "How?"

"Jacob's in your math class, please talk to him about me," she begs.

My eyes slightly widened, "And so are Caleb and Ryan, you know how annoying the three gets when they're together."

"Please!" she screeches.

"No, Leah!" I groaned, "I honestly can't believe you even started talking to Jacob, those boys are a no-no." I wiggled my finger in front of her face.

"I'll do your homework for you," she winks.

Contemplating for a little bit, I easily gave in, "Fine," I mumbled.

"All of my homework for the week," I pointed at her.

"Deal!"

"And if this doesn't work out, you still have to do it because of my effort," I kept my finger pointed at her face.

"Deal," she giggles, wrapping her hand around my finger.

I laughed along with her as I felt the company of my best friend.