16; fake to me

16; fake to me

After all the ruckus that was happening last night, Ryan drove me home in an extremely awkward and silent car ride. We didn't exchange a word until I thanked him for the ride, and with that, he never even responded with a 'you're welcome'.

I came home crying to my mom and dad.

Fortunately, they were home last night to comfort me and tuck me into bed.

My mom told me a story about her heart breaks, which made dad uncomfortable, but it was a good family bonding moment that I very much needed.

Sometimes a teenage girl just needs her parent's company.

---

"Honey," my mom calls for me as she shakes my body by grabbing my shoulders, "Wake up, it's time for school."

I scrunched my nose and looked up with her with my puffy red eyes, "Do I have to go?"

She nods at me and crosses her arms, asserting dominance while I had to drag myself out of bed and into the bathroom.

"Just because you have a tiny heartbreak, does not mean you can skip out on school," she nags from behind me, "You hear me, missy?"

"Yes," I groaned and slammed my face against the wet towel in my hand.

The last thing I want to hear is my mom nagging at me and mentioning my heartbreak. That heartbreak was not tiny, it hurt really bad. It still hurts, I could feel a tug on my heart whenever I think about Dylan.

As much as I would love to blame Ryan for my heartbreak, just like how he blamed me, Dylan broke up with me over something that I purposely caused.

Stupid Ryan, stupid plan, stupid stupid stupid! I ended up making myself think that it was Ryan's fault anyways.

If it wasn't for Ryan's stupid plan, we would've been in a happy relationship.

I groaned loudly as I splashed water on my face roughly.

"Juniper," my mom calls out, "Stop it."

I stomped around between the bathroom and the bedroom for thirty minutes, picking out my uniform, brushing my teeth, straightening my hair, doing my makeup.

Even under all the makeup, you could tell that I've had a rough night.

My parents had left to work right before I finished up in the bathroom. I sat on my bed and put on my white tennis shoes before glancing at myself in the mirror.

After I have put them on, I walked towards the mirror and looked at myself. I look the same as always. Same makeup, same hair, same uniform, just a little bit more sad. I smiled at myself in the mirror, trying to get rid of puffiness in my face. It was so obvious I was faking my smile. Either that, or it looked like I had botox all over my face since I decided that it was okay to rub my cheeks and cry all night.

How did Dylan find out anyways?

But that wasn't important right now.

"Are you ready?" Joseph knocks on my door to catch my attention, "Don't want you to be late now."

I nodded and grabbed my backpack before walking with Joseph out of the house and to the car.

---

I leaned against my locker dramatically, without trying to be, and closed my eyes as my head was resting on the metal boxes behind me. My eyes were extremely tired and wanted to close. I wasn't physically drained, but I was emotionally.