09; blinding blonde hair

I woke up the following morning, extremely exhausted from staying out late two nights in a row. I'm starting to feel my body drooping and sore from not getting enough sleep. I yawned and rolled over to the other side of my bed.

My parents had already left for work. It wouldn't hurt to skip school for a day, they won't find out.

Not true, the office will call them.

I groaned and forced myself out of bed. I dragged myself to the bathroom to take a shower to freshen up.

Standing under the warm water did not distract me from daydreaming about Dylan. Last night was just so perfect. It literally couldn't get any better than how it went.

I started getting embarrassed thinking about Ryan's plan that I started following in the beginning of dinner. Rushing to dating? Are you serious?

"Oh no," I groaned and buried my face in my wet hands, "I actually can't believe I went on with that."

Then I thought about Ryan.

He was definitely annoying and pushy, but does that mean we aren't friends anymore?

I frowned and continued on with my shower.

After my shower, I got ready and threw on a little bit of makeup.

I arrived at school a little earlier than usual. Funny because it didn't feel like I was rushing to get to school. Leah hasn't arrived yet and I'm standing in front of my locker, staring inside it with my sleepy mind still daydreaming.

"Juniper," I heard his voice.

I turned, "Hey."

Dylan looked at me and smiled, "You look tired."

"I am," I responded and leaned my side to the lockers. For some reason, I got shy. He keeps smiling at me. Without thinking, I grabbed my locker door and pulled it towards me, blocking my face from his.

I heard him laugh, "What are you doing?"

"I'm sorry about dinner last night," I said rather quickly and warmed up in embarrassment.

"What do you mean?" he asks, pulling the door away from blocking us, "I enjoyed it."

"I meant like, the part where I wanted to rush things," I corrected myself.

How embarrassing.

"I've thought about it," he interrupts me, and smiles again.

Yikes.

"Wait, I don't want to know yet," I told him and held out my hand at his face, "Tell me tomorrow."

Dylan's smile slightly dropped. It became really awkward before I felt his hand grabbing my wrist and pulling me in for a hug.

"Don't play with me Juniper," Dylan says quietly, with my chin on his shoulder.

Just then, a blonde tall boy, who I currently hate very much, walks out from the hallway, and towards us. We locked eyes.

I clenched my teeth in slight annoyance. Ryan didn't look away. So I did something that any person would do when they try to avoid someone's look. I buried my face into Dylan's shoulder.

Leave leave leave! I thought in my head.

Suddenly, I felt his hand rubbing my back up and down.

"So it is her," I heard a person whispering as they walked past us.

That's when I looked up at Dylan.