06; you look fruity

06; you look fruity

"Juniper," I said bluntly, grabbing his hand and giving it a tight shake. I tried to make myself sound like I was uninterested, or perhaps a 'too good for you' type of person. But that failed quickly when he held onto my hand for a little too long, because I started to feel sweat beads forming on my palms.

As I pulled my hand away, I took a hold of Leah's (or Ryan's previous) lollipop and took it apart from the wrapping. I put the lollipop in my mouth and shoved it towards my right cheek.

"It was nice running into you again," I started, ready to run out the door.

"Wait.."

"Leah and I have to go somewhere," I paused while tugging her towards the exit, "Okay, bye!"

While I was stress leaving, I noticed the look of confusion on Dylan's face but I couldn't help but to feel like my social anxiety took over my body again; and next thing you know, I was already out the door.

"Juniper," Leah complains to me, "You didn't even talk to him."

I looked back at her and crossed my arms, "So."

"So," she trailed off, her eyes looking at the lollipop I pulled out of my mouth.

"He looked like he was into you," she says slowly, eyes locked on my lollipop.

"Who was into you?" Ryan's voice cooed from behind us, followed by the "duo" Caleb and Jacob.

Looking at Leah's face, you can visually see the admiration she had in her eyes towards Jacob. However, after a second of them locking eyes, it seemed like Leah remembered about the incident she labelled as "an embarrassment" that happened during the party. She immediately was flushed and looked away.

"No one," I responded.

- - -

As I was looking back down at my notes, I suddenly felt a small object hit the back of my head. I touched the spot that was hit and a little 'ow' escaped my lips as I turned my body around.

"What the hell are you doing?" I whispered, staring at the blonde child.

Ryan's eyes were widened and his jaw dropping mouth was covered by his hands. He looked at me shocked, as he froze in place.

"Ryan," I whispered again, a little more aggressively, "What did you do?"

I glanced over at Jacob seeing him bite his knuckle with a huge smile, as Caleb hides his laughing face behind his palms.

Caleb and Jacob were both laughing silently, while Ryan nervously started tapping his toes on the floor rapidly.

"Uh," Ryan trailed off.

"What?" I hissed.

I turned back around to face the front of the class, willing to turn my attention back to the teacher until I felt something rather heavy hanging on the back of my head.

Extremely confused, I brought my hand back to the heavy spot and felt.

My eyes widened.

My jaws dropped.

I wanted to scream but I also didn't want to distract the teacher.

So I whined quietly.

My hand had touched something round, sticky, and hard. Grabbing the object, I pull it down towards me as it attaches itself to the rest of my hair strands.

It was a stupid, orange flavored, lollipop.

"Ryan!" I screeched.

That was when I saw my teacher slightly jump at the front of class, pushing his glasses back up against his face and looks towards my area to figure out the sudden conflict erosion.