17; you're going to make me cry

I was sitting against the seat, staring out at the road in front of me. Ryan insisted to drive me home again, only because he said that he felt guilty for bringing up a touchy subject and making me cry. It's crazy how it's been four years since we went to school together, but this is the first time he's made me cry. I mean, Ryan is a pain in the neck.

I chuckled quietly of that thought.

Ryan looks over me and raises an eyebrow, "What?"

"Nothing," I shook my head and leaned back against the seat.

"I don't want to go home," I told him.

It was true. It's not that I wanted to hang around with Ryan, it's just that I knew for a fact that once I get home, I will crash on my bed and continue to cry about Dylan.

"What do you want to do then?" Ryan asks, his eyes kept on the road.

I looked over at Ryan and puckered my lips as I was thinking.

"I don't know," I simply answered and turned my attention back to the window.

"I don't either," he says, as he continues to drive pass my house.

Do I want to go home and cry in bed? No I can't.

I've been in bed enough today.

"Can we go somewhere relaxing?" I requested. I needed somewhere quiet and peaceful enough for me to calm down and to just breathe; but not somewhere that is too depressing.

"The pier?" Ryan suggested in a question.

"Sure," I shrugged.

Across from the city, there are piers where families usually go on weekends for dinner, and just to take a walk on the platforms that outreaches the ocean. It's a good place to relax, but it also isn't too quiet for sad people like us.

The car ride was quiet, but comfortable. It wasn't awkward having the silence, it was rather much better having the car quieter than to play music at this moment.

Ryan was focused on the road, and I was focused on observing the buildings.

---

We were welcomed by the cold ocean air. I wasn't a fan of the freezing air. But guess what, it was better than being in bed sobbing.

I stretched my arms and pulled the sleeves of my blazer down to keep my hands warm.

"Do you need a jacket?" Ryan offers, pointing towards the trunk of his car when he closed his car door.

I nodded rapidly, "Please."

I followed him behind his car and watched him as he shuffles through the millions of hoodies he has in his trunk.

"Why do you have so much?" I raised an eyebrow.

"For times like this," he laughs and pulls out a grey hoodie.

"What?" I asked, "You're going to give every girl a hoodie each time you hang out with them?"

"Jacob and Caleb needs to be warm too," he pouts at me playfully, and tossed me the hoodie. He closes the trunk of the car as I layered the hoodie over my uniform.

Ryan was only half a foot taller than me. He was well over six foot something while I was standing strong at five foot eight.

The hoodie fit me, it covered my skirt, but it wasn't long enough to wear around as a dress; which I was slightly jealous of because the wind was really cold.