2

BEIJING, CHINA

HANI'S P.O.V

After 10 hours of journey, I've finally reached Beijing! Well, I have a long way to go though. I have to find myself a taxi to go to my campus. As soon as I get out of the airport, I can feel the breeze of China is arousing me. I let out a deep breathe. It feels so good although the weather is quite hot compared to London.

A middle-aged Chinese man approaches me when he saw Im getting out of the airport with my luggages. I guess he knows that Im a foreigner so he decides to speak in English with me. '' Miss, taxi? '' while pointing to his taxi. His English is surprisingly good maybe because he deals with tourists a lot, I guess.

I nod my head and say, '' Yes,can you drive me to Beijing University?''

'' Yes, sure. '' He replies shortly and helps me with my luggages. It took me for 30 minutes before I arrived at my destination. I pay the taxi fare and make my way to the university entrance. I look around woahh its indeed a big university and the design of this university reminds me of those buildings in the ancient times like those which were portrayed in some Greek ancient movies. I swear it doesn't look Chinese at all.

I walk slowly towards the students centre for my registration. Since this university is very big, it took me a while to reach there and Im sweating a lot in this hot weather. Damn, I already miss London. I open the office door and hand in the required documents to one of the staff there.

'' Thank you, please be seated for a while.'' She says politely in English. '' Okay '' I reply shortly before I seat in a couch provided in the office. A few moment later, the staff in charged calls out my name. '' Miss Jefferson?''

She asks, '' Can you speak in Chinese? ''

'' Yes, but not that fluent.''

She then explains to me about everything that I need to know in Chinese. Well, my mom is Chinese so I do speak Chinese and Im still taking my Chinese language class when  I was in London.

'' So here are your room number, your map, your student card and some important forms that you have to fill up. ''

I take those documents and fill them in my luggage.

'' Oh by the way we have a welcoming event for freshmen in the main hall tonight. Make sure you attend the event tonight  8pm. It is compulsary. ''

'' Ahh okay, thank you, so can I go to my room now?''

'' Sure, you can refer to the map.''

I excuse myself to search for my room. Well, finding my room isn't that hard since it is located in a building next to the students centre.

ROOM DAISY203.

This is it. I took out the key and unlock the door. I take a peek before entering. Its a room for two and its not that big. That means I'll be having only one roommate. I pull my luggage into the room and spot two there are two beds being separated by two study desks. To my surprise, a bed has been taken by someone who i guess my roommate. Im a bit nervous to encounter whoever she is since Im not good at socializing I swear.

'' Oh? HI? '' A sudden tap on my shoulder with a high-pitched voice startled me a  bit. I turn my body and see a Chinese girl is smiling at me while holding a mug of urm I can smell hot chocolate.

I quickly bow to her just like how Mom has taught me before. '' Ni hao! Im Hani!''

She bows back, '' Im Wu Xuanyi but call me Xuanyi!'' I nod my head and have a quick analysis of her in my mind. So she's a Chinese, she's taller than me, she looks friendly, she has a pretty smile, she looks smart as heck and what matters is she's so pretty like I dare to say she has this Kpop visual standard.

My analysis of Xuanyi comes to the end when she waves her hand in front of my face. '' You seem to daze off, are you alright?''

'' Ah..urmm..yeah..Im alright!'' I give her an awkward smile. I go to my bed to put my luggage and take off my cardigan since Im sweating a lot plus its afternoon and the weather is getting hotter. Xuanyi is sitting on her bed facing to my direction while sipping her hot choco.

'' Hani, where are you from?'' She asks after taking her first sip.

I sit on my bed, also facing towards her. '' Im from London but my mom is Chinese.''

'' Ahh no wonder you look like you're mix, what course are you taking?''

'' Fine arts.''

'' Oh wow, you must be good in painting then! ''

I chuckle, '' Not really.'' Trying to be humble. '' What about you?''

'' Im majoring in mass communication, this is my final year.'' I look at her amazingly. No wonder I have this feeling saying that she's older than me and indeed she is. I quickly get up and bow. '' Im sorry I didn't know that you are my senior.''

She shakes her hand. '' No its ok,anyway this is the guide book for freshmen,basically a list of the students representative council of this university, you may have a look.'' She hands me the thin book.

I take a look at the list of the students representative council and oh wow Xuanyi is the vice president. My roommate is an important person of this university. My inferiority complex seems to troubling me now

STUDENTS REPRESENTATIVE COUNCIL OF BEIJING UNIVERSITY

PRESIDENT: ZHU ZHENGTING

VICE PRESIDENT : WU XUANYI

SECRETARY : ZHENG RUIBIN

VICE SECRETARY : LIN YANJUN

TREASURER : CHENG XIAO

VICE TREASURER : ZHOU YANCHEN

COUNCIL 1 : BI WENJUN

COUNCIL 2 : VICTORIA SONG

COUNCIL 3 : YOU ZHANGJING

COUNCIL 4 : MENG MEI QI

COUNCIL 5 :PAN JUNYA

COUNCIL 6 : YU MINGJUN

COUNCIL 7 : ZHOU JIEQIONG