18

'' If you're not with Ling Chao, then where were you? '' Tzuyu asks.

Justin even raise his eyebrow while waiting for my reply. '' I.. I stayed..with Xuanyi, '' I stutter. Oh my lord, please spare me for lying. I know Im so sinful. Thank god that they look convinced with my so called explanation. I throw an awkward smile to them. There's no way that Im gonna tell the truth that I spend my holidays with Zhengting. Not yet.

TIME SKIPS..

Its almost 3 pm and this will be our last lecturer class before we call it a day and as expected many of us are drowsy, so do I but I manage to keep my eyes open. Having seen that many of us are already exhausted, our lecturer, Mr. Huo, decides to give us a break.

'' Anyway, students, have you seen the news on our notice board? '' Mr. Huo asks before having a seat.

A plump student who is sitting in the front row of the lecturer hall raises his hand and answers, '' You mean the change in our co-curricular clubs? ''

Justin and I exchange our glances. We don't know about this news. Justin whispers, '' I thought our co-curricular clubs are permanent until we graduate? What's with the sudden change? '' I shrug. Justin then raises his hand to ask. '' Isn't it supposed to be permanent? Why are we changing? ''

Mr. Huo gulps a drink before answering, '' Yes its supposed to be permanent but the administration wanted the students to participate in variety of clubs rather than staying in a club until you're graduating. But an exception is given to your seniors who are in the last semester. That means you're not allowed to join your club in your previous semester, you need to find a new club. ''

I sigh a little. I was in an Art Club previously so there's no way that I can join it in this semester. Painting and drawing have always been my passion since I was little. Justin who realizes my concern pats my back, consoling me. I thank him with a smile.

Right after our class ends, I rush to the notice board to see the news. Its indeed true. I look at the list of clubs.

ART CLUB

MUSIC CLUB

NATURE CLUB

CULTURE CLUB

DANCE CLUB

MARTIAL ART CLUB

COOKING CLUB

LANGUAGE CLUB

NEWS CLUB

In the midst of looking at the notice club, someone suddenly bump into my shoulder causing me to jerk off a bit. I turn away just to see Xuanyi and...Zhengting.

Xuanyi who notices that she bumps into me by accident quickly apologizes to me. '' Im sorry Hani! I didn't notice you! Are you alright? ''

Instead of replying, I just nod my head several times. Its not even a big accident. I take a secret glance on Zhengting who stands still next to Xuanyi. What a surprise that he didn't even look at me nor saying hi. I mean he knows me and its not a harm to say hi. Why is he acting like he doesn't know me at all? Is it because there's someone else between us and he doesn't want anyone to know about us? Because he's a president of student council and Im just a mere student, plus a foreigner? My heart stings a bit but I wanted to remain positive.

I smile before saying, '' Im okay, its alright, '' Xuanyi nods her head, feeling a bit relieved. '' Anyway, Zhengting this is my roommate, Hani. Hani, this is Zhengting, the president, ''

Now I know that Zhengting doesn't even introduce me to Xuanyi before this. I feel uneasy but again, I legit wanted to remain positive. I smile to Zhengting, pretending that this is our first encounter. '' Hani, nice to meet you! '' I say as cheerful as possible.

He seems to be forcefully look at me. '' Im Zhengting, '' A short reply signalling that he doesn't want to extend the uneasiness that is arousing us at the moment. Xuanyi who is clueless about everything continues, '' So, have you decided to join any club? ''

I shake my head, '' Im still thinking, ''

'' Zhengting and I are in the Martial Art Club as we both learn wushu since we're little. It'll be great if you join us too! '' Xuanyi says, full of sincerity. I nod, '' Sure, sounds great, '' I smile a little just to please her and my heart that is shaking so hard right now.

'' We'll get going now, bye, see you later! '' Both of them walk away from me without Zhengting looking nor smile at me. What has just happened to Zhengting?

CLUBS REGISTRATION DAY..

The students are given an hour to choose and register for our new clubs. The clubs committee who happen to be our seniors are now trying their best to appeal to us so that we are to join their clubs. A lot of small brochures are given out to us, promoting their clubs but till now, none that attracts my attention, not even the Martial Art Club. I sit on a bench, thinking.

Tzuyu then comes to me, '' I've registered in the Dance Club! ''

I smirk, '' Because Xukun is in the club too, '' Tzuyu blushes and pretends to hit my arm. I was about to hit her back when Justin runs to us and laughs so loud with Chengcheng's running after him looking like he's gonna swallow Justin anytime soon.

'' JUSTIN, STOP THERE! ''

'' GUYS GUYS GUYS! YOU WON'T BELIEVE IF I SAY THIS BUT CHENGCHENG REGISTERS FOR DANCE CLUB! ''

Tzuyu raises her eyebrow, '' What's the surprise there? Chengcheng was to be an idol, of course he knows how to dance! ''

Still running and circling us, Justin exclaims, '' THAT'S NOT THE POINT! HE JOINS THE CLUB BECAUSE TZUYU AND XUKUN ARE IN THE CLUB, HE'S GONNA BE A THIRDWHEEL! ''

I voice out confidently, '' Its not a surprise either, Justin, you so lame! '' The whole world knows Chengcheng's feelings towards Tzuyu. Its just Tzuyu who plays hard to get and Chengcheng's being an ego. '' Eh?! '' Justin scratches his head upon seeing my reaction.

Chengcheng is about to counterattack when we heard the announcement, '' Students, there are 15 minutes left before the clubs registration come to an end, those who haven't  registered, please do so as soon as possible! Thank you! ''

Tzuyu elbows me, '' Hani, you haven't registered, let's go! ''

Both of us now are wandering in front of the registration desks. Clubs that are still available are only MARTIAL ART CLUB and MUSIC CLUB. Im having a dilemma since I've promised Xuanyi that I'll be joining her club but now here I am, witnessing Xuanyi's caressing Zhengting's cheek playfully. Tzuyu suddenly speak up, '' Zhengting and Xuanyi are like matchmade from Heaven, you know a lot of students are shipping both of them, ''

I bit my bottom lip hard that I can feel a salty liquid coming out from my bottom lip. An unspeakable feelings are storming withing my heart.

MARTIAL ART CLUB. PRESIDENT : ZHU ZHENGTING

MUSIC CLUB. PRESIDENT : BI WENJUN

Without delaying any further, I bring my steps to the opposite of the martial art club registration desk.