Chapter 15-The Past Returns

Eddie woke up to make breakfast for him and his wife. Belle was washing her face and getting dressed. As Belle was walking up to her husband, there was a knock on the door. "Darling, stay behind me." Eddie ordered as he brought out a knife. Eddie looks through the peephole and says, "They're children." Belle suddenly realized that it was her adopted siblings. She opens the door and see Jasmine and Xavier. They were covered in blood. Jasmine started crying and Xavier was hugging her. Eddie ushered both children in. "Baby, what happened? Why are you both covered in blood?" Belle asked in a calm, yet scared voice. Jasmine was unable to talk due to her crying so Xavier replies, "After we went our separate ways, we found our real parents. They were so happy that we were returned. We were great for a while until.." "Until what?" Belle asked. Tears were threatening to spill from Xavier's eyes.  "Freddie found us. He killed Mom and Dad when we left for the grocery store. He also killed Irene and left her body there at the house. He left this written on the wall in their b-b-blood." Jasmine stuttered. Jasmine handed her phone to Eddie and Belle. The photograph was a message written in blood and it reads, "You're next, Belle." Eddie then asks the children, "What happened after?" Jasmine replies with, "We called the police and we were scared that they would believe that we did it and we ran. We packed up quickly and left. I know it looks wrong but we had no choice. Freddie wants us dead. I don't know how he found us." Belle then had an idea. "Eddie, we need to get the police-" "NO WAY!" Eddie shouted. "Baby, we need to! You don't know him like we do! He was abusive, taunting, and manipulative. Please, Eddie." Eddie ran his hand through his hair. He was obviously scared but he had no choice. "I need to make a phone call." Eddie walked into the other room. Jasmine went to hug Belle and so did Xavier. Belle offered to wash their clothing and give them a hot meal. Both went to the next bedroom and decided to wash up. Belle began to boil water to make macaroni and cheese since that was their favorite food. After a while, Eddie comes out of the bedroom, hanging up his phone. "What happened?" Belle asked. "I called my friend and he is willing to help out. He should be here soon." Belle was always hearing of his 'friend' but never knew who it was. Even though Belle has asked for errands to be done by him, she never personally met him. "Who is this mysterious friend you have, darling?" Eddie smirked and said, "He and I have a complicated history but his wife and he are friends of mine and they always help me out." Suddenly, there was another knock on the door. Eddie and Belle walk over to the door and answer it. There was a man with blond hair, casual clothes, and has a wedding ring on his left hand. "Belle, this is my friend, Waylon Park. Waylon, this is my wife, Belle Gluskin."