Get Jason

A/N

Banner by ordinaryascanbe

Thanks!
-Anon

×××

My eyes snapped open and I sat up with a gasp, already panicking at the tight feeling constricting in my chest.

I vaguely registered the sound of rapid beeping beside me as sick memories branded my vision.

"Cole? Cole! You're okay! Look at me. You're okay! Just breathe for me. Deep breaths."

It took a few moments to calm my breathing down, but soon enough, I was able to blink away the images and take in the worried face of my Aunt.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I glanced around and realized I was in a hospital room.

"Here you go, dear," a soothing voice from the other side of me said. I looked to see a nice looking female doctor handing me a cup of water and a packet of saltines.

I accepted the drink gratefully and downed half of it in one go.

"How are you feeling, Hon?" she asked in a motherly tone as she placed a hand on my shoulder. My chest ached. I missed my mother.

"Not great," I mumbled. I had this sick feeling in my stomach that hinted I might throw up in the next ten or so minutes and my hands were shaking badly.

It'd been almost two years. Why was I still reacting this way?

Aunt Liza handed me a tissue and I only then realized that I'd been crying. I quickly tried to wipe away the tears, but I'm sure I still looked like a train wreck.

"Can you explain it to me?"

"Bucket. I need a bucket."

With wide eyes, the lady quickly grabbed the small waste basket from by the door and set it in my lap. I hugged the cool metal to my chest as I took deep breaths.

Why the fuck couldn't I calm down?

The door opened.

Adam walked in holding some food from the cafeteria.

My skin ran cold.

Green eyes.

Vomit.

My heart monitor spiked noticably and the shaking got worse.

Green eyes, green eyes, green eyes. Why wouldn't he leave me the fuck alone?

I saw Aunt Liza look at me, and then to her boyfriend before it finally clicked.

He resembled my father. Not a lot, but just enough.

My aunt quickly stood up and practically threw the man out of the room with a quick apology while the doctor rubbed my back reassuringly. She obviously had kids. That was a mom move.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry, Cole. I didn't realize. I'm sorry," Aunt Liza apologized to me profusely. I would've laughed if I didn't feel like I was going to die.

I couldn't speak.

I couldn't breathe.

I couldn't move.

"Cole. Cole," she tried to get my attention again. I closed my eyes as I tried to block out the world. "Tell me how to make it better. Tell me what to do."

I scrunched my eyebrows together as I tried to concentrate on the only thing that had ever soothed me.

In a small, hoarse voice, I whispered, "Get Jason."

×××

I must've fallen asleep, because the next thing I knew, my consciousness was slowly creeping back to reality as I felt smooth, comforting fingers tracing along the inside of my palm.

I sighed contently, but was soon disappointed when the fingers froze.

"Cole?" the most heavenly voice drifted to my ears. I felt fingers gently carressing my cheek, touch as soft as a feather, and couldn't help but let my eyes flutter open so I could gaze upon my angel.

Jason was sitting on the edge of the bed, his torso twisted a little so he could tuck a bit of hair behind my ear and look down at me.

A small smile graced his lips as he ran his thumb lightly across my cheek bone, "There's those pretty grey eyes."

A light blush crept up my neck and tinted my skin pink. I glanced around the silent hospital room for a moment before asking, "Where is everyone?"

"I told them to go home for the night."

"H-how long was I asleep?" I asked, looking at the clock on the wall. It was two in the morning. It wasn't too bad, considering I only passed out around five hours ago. "How long have you been here?"

"Don't worry about it, Cole," he started to pull his hand away, but I caught it before it was out of reach.

"It's late," I explained. "Lay down."

I was expecting him to fight it, but he only nodded and turned so that he was laying down beside me.

I scooted towards him, away from the edge of the small bed, and laid my head down on his chest. I could hear his heartbeat, and the sound alone nearly lulled me back to sleep.

"Are you okay?" Jason asked softly.

"I think so," I replied, curling my fingers into the fabric of his shirt.

"Was it that man? Did he hurt you?" I could hear the sense of urgency in his tone, though I knew he was trying to keep his voice soft and soothing for me.

I shook my head from where it still rested against his chest. "He didn't do anything. He just..."

"I saw him," he assured me. "I understand."

"Does that make me a bad person?" I asked him worriedly, "I don't even know him."

"There's nothing wrong with how you reacted, Cole. There's nothing wrong with you either. Got that?" The urgency was back.

"Yeah," I sighed heavily, breathing in his scent. I couldn't smell cigarettes anymore.

"Promise me that you understand."

"I promise," I mumbled under my breath as I felt sleep taking over once more.

×××

A/N

Sorry for the slight delay. Had some exams and such to take.

Anyway...

If you were a snack food, what would you be? I'm salt and vinegar chips for sure!

Thanks for reading,
-Anon