Nightmare

My shoes were nailed to the wooden floorboards, and my feet were plastered into the soles. I tried with every fiber of my being to lift my legs, or even to bend my knee, but I couldn't move. I could only stare out the angled slots of the closet door as it painted faint stripes of light onto my skin.

My heart hammered against my chest, and my breath slipped from my lungs with a ragged hiss.

I tried to stay as silent as I could, but the more I tried to control my breathing, the more I needed to breathe.

The slow creak of a door pierced through the air and I clamped a shaky hand over my mouth. Tears slipped from my eyelids and rolled silently down my cheeks as I listened to heavy footsteps thud against the floor.

I watched the shadows in the room shift through the slots in the door and I tried to hold my breath.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are," the sing song voice of my father taunted me from just beyond my view. I scrunched my eyes shut and pinched my arm repeatedly, willing myself to wake up and escape this terrible place.

"Coley, don't hide from me. I'm only trying to help," he said again, but his voice held a sinister tone.

"Cole, your mother wants to see you. Don't make her wait."

More tears slid down my cheeks. I didn't want to be here. I would rather be anywhere but here.

Suddenly the doors to the closet were ripped open and I was yanked forward by my shirt collar.

"No!" I screamed in terror as I was tossed to the ground. I hissed in pain as my shoulder collided with the floor.

I tried to crawl away from him, but the floor seemed to stretch as I dragged myself across it.

He easily caught my leg and flipped me over.

"You're a disappointment of a son!" green eyes poured rage into my terrified grey ones. "You should've never been born! I can't believe I wasted years of my life raising such a pathetic little bitch!"

He grabbed my shoulders shaking me violently as I screamed for him to stop.

"You should have died in that accident! Not her! It's your fault she's dead!"

"No!" I cried, "It's not my fault! It's not! Stop! Leave me alone!"

"But don't worry, Cole. I'm going to fix you."

"No! Stop! NO!" I screamed.

"Cole," he said with an evil expression as he pinned me to the floor and stared down at me with that sickening green gaze. "You're okay. Wake up."

What?

"Wake up, Cole."

"Wake up."

Green turned to blue as I found an angel in front of me. His hands held my shoulders and I quickly pushed him away, feeling sick to my stomach from the dream and memories combined.

I curled my knees up to my chest, perfectly aware of how heavily my hands were shaking. A quick swipe against my cheek was enough to know I was crying, and I hid my face in my knees, feeling ashamed and dirty all over again.

"Hey, it's okay," Jason placed a hand on my back to soothe me, but I jolted away from his touch.

I stole a glance at him to see a brief hurt expression before it turned to something impassive.

"I'm sorry," I told him, my voice thick from crying as I watched my hands tremble. "Please don't touch me."

"Are you okay?" He asked softly and I only then realized we were both on the floor instead of the bed.

"Just a bad dream," I muttered.

"That sounded like more than a nightmare," he said with a faint worried tone.

I looked up at him, hoping he'd be able to make sense of what he saw in my eyes so I wouldn't have to put it into words.

"Come on," he gave me a sad smile and held out his hand. "Let's get you back to bed."

Slowly and reluctantly, I reached out and placed my hand in his. He stood up, pulling me easily to my feet.

Wordlessly, he guided me back to the small bed. I sat on the edge for a moment before sliding myself under the blankets.

"Your business is your business, Cole, but if you ever want to talk about it, I'll listen."

I nodded my head, wiping away a new tear as it slid down my temple.

"Get some sleep," he said softly.

I closed my eyes, hugging my arms around my chest as I tried to fight away the images of the last dream. The last thing I wanted was a repeat.

I felt the bed dip as Jason crawled back into his side, and I couldn't stop my body as it moved in its own to curl up beside him.

He was so warm and comforting, I couldn't help but lay my head on his chest.

"Cole?" I heard him say as he hesitantly put his arm around my back in a sort of half hug.

"Hm?" I hummed, eyes still closed.

"Are you gay?"

"Yeah," I responded tiredly, "Why?"

"Just checking," he said.

I hummed again lightly before I drifted off into a blissfully dreamless sleep.

×××

A/N

And tragedy strikes as writers' block descends upon me. Quick I need some inspiration! Fan art, cute bxb recommendations, you name it!

Anywho, sorry for the delay. But guess what! I'm going to graduate high school today! Woooooooo!

Have any of you graduated yet?

Thanks for the read!
-Anon