Wake Up

"Wake up," an angelic voice echoed in my mind.

I groaned, snuggling deeper into the soft warmth beneath my cheek.

"Get up, Cole," the voice became a little sharper, more agitated maybe. 

I didn't respond.

Before I knew what was happening, I was met by the cold hard surface of the floor.

"Ow," I rubbed my aching shoulder as I rolled onto my back. Looking up, I saw Jason standing above me with a smirk.

I narrowed my eyes at him. He totally pushed me off the bed.

"Don't look at me like that," he held out his hand for me to take, "I told you to get up."

Huffing, I took his hand and let him pull me to my feet. I blushed when I realized we were really close together and took a step back.

"Grab some clothes," he said as he tossed a towel at my head. "We're going to the river."

I nodded and did as I was told.

×××

As we neared the river, the gentle trickle of moving water drifted to my ears.

I watched Jason's back as he led me through the trees. His dark colored t-shirt was tight enough that I could kind of make out his shoulder blades through the fabric. It was nice.

It wasn't long before the trees thinned and a river appeared before us.

"Here we are," Jason said and immediately started to strip off his shirt.

"W-what are you doing?" I quickly covered my eyes as he went for his pants.

"Taking a bath," I could practically hear how his lips curved.

I only opened my eyes again when I heard the splash of water.

"Well you could've told me before we walked all the way here. Now I have to wait," I huffed and dropped my stuff on a log.

I sat next to it and tried to ignore the gaze of the very naked angel that was smirking at me with his chin just above the water.

"Come on, Cole. The water is fine," he teased.

"I'm not getting in that water," I folded my arms over my chest.

"You'll be late for school if you wait," he pointed out with a shrug.  Smirking, he added, "And if you don't get in willingly, I'll just have to come out and get you."

He started to stand up and I quickly blushed and looked away as the surface of the water got dangerously low on his waist.

"Fine, fine. Stay where you are," I waited a moment before looking back to see him with the water at his chin again as he watched me.

When I stood up, he said, "Don't forget the soap," and turned around to give me some privacy.

With a shaky breath, I pulled off my shirt, revealing all sorts of ugly bruises. Some of them were in the shape of handprints, but others were just big and turning all sorts of colors.

I bit my lip, making sure Jason was still facing the other direction before slipping out of my pajama pants.

The thought of being naked in front of someone else, even my- the angel, made me sick to my stomach. I decided to keep my underwear on.

Grabbing the little shower caddy Jason had brought with, I placed it on a rock near the edge of the water and waded in.

"Can I look now?" he asked, running his fingers through his wet ebony hair.