Night Two

Chapter Two: Night Two

"Hey, are like gonna get up or what?" Was what I heard the next day, which was whispered into my ear ever so softly. I immediately, jumped out of my bed, and looked around in a panicked state of mind. My roommate laughed slightly, and crossed her arms across her chest as she looked at me with a superior look. I wanted to punch that smug look right off her damn face. "You know, for a school guardian, you sure are jumpy." With that said, she went back to brushing her hair....With my brush. I narrowed my eyes.

"Is that my hair brush?" She looked at me and shrugged.

"It was on my side of the room. So it's mine." I growled, and glared.

"Give it back." I warned. I hated it when other people touched my stuff.

"I will, if you tell me what you know about the night class." My eyes narrowed again. She was holding my hair brush ransom because she wanted information on the night class? What was she? Stupid or something?

"I don't know anything yet. All I know is that they're all beautiful, and talented." I said simply, hoping she'd give my hair brush back. She looked at it, and then me.

"Think fast." I blinked, and felt red hot anger boil up as she threw the hair brush, and it hit me in the face. "I said think fast." As if that could solve the problem. I sighed, and stood up. I began to dress into my school uniform. She glanced at me when I was messing with the buttons on the jacket.

"What?" I was already irritated with her, and now she was doing the number one thing I hated: people staring at me.

"Do you like someone from the night class? I mean, who do you think is the cutest?" I stiffened up slightly, and immediately Akatsuki's face floated into my mind, and I shook my head to dispel the image from my mind.

"Who do you like?" I threw the ball back into her court to avoid being embarrassed. She blushed slightly, and messed with her skirt, blushing.

"I think Akatsuki Kain is rather cute." She said off handily, as if talking about the weather, and I froze again. I got over it rather quickly, and began brushing through my hair.

"Is that so?" I tried to sound uninterested as I finished brushing through my dark brown hair, and began putting on my shoes. She nodded, and flashed a smile.

"Speaking of cute guys, I forgot to mention that Zero Kiryu is outside the door waiting for you. Something about walking you to class." I blushed slightly, and gathered my things.

"Thanks for telling me now." She flashed another fake smile, and I hurried out of the room.

"Finally you come out." He said in an irritated voice, which made me jump slightly. I sighed, and rolled my eyes.

"Then why did you wait? You could have gone ahead without me." I walked ahead of him, and he kept pace with me.

"You're new here. You could have easily gotten lost."

"Yuuki is my guide to the Academy, not you." He huffed, and looked at me with a slightly annoyed look.

"You could be a little more thankful." He said pointedly, and I shook my head, and walked faster to try and lose him, but again he easily kept pace with me. I looked at him again, and huffed out of annoyance. I stopped in the middle of the hallway, and didn't move. He seemed to react a little late, and stopped and looked at me with a clearly annoyed and pissed expression.

"What?" We looked at each other for a moment longer, and then without saying anything, I walked ahead of him, faster, hoping he'd get the hint and leave me alone. Again, he easily kept pace with me, and then without warning, he grabbed my wrist, and looked at me with an expression I couldn't place. It momentarily made my anger die down.

"Nothing." He said simply after a few moments, and walked ahead with his hands in his pockets. I bit my lip, and slowly followed him. It seemed like we both just natural irritated each other....

~.~.~.~.~

I couldn't focus during first period. I kept feeling Zero's eyes on me. I sat next to Yuuki, but she wasn't much help considering it was her worst subject, which was math. I was never a fan of math myself, but I always got decent grades in the subject.

"You ok? You seem distracted?" Yuuki whispered to me, and I glanced at her, nodding slightly.

"I'm fine." I whispered to her, and tried to focus on my problems on the paper. However, I couldn't focus. Everything was a mess of words, and numbers I just couldn't seem to understand. I finally gave up, and just decided to stare out the window.

After class was over, I rose to leave, but a few paces behind me were Zero, and I could feel his eyes on me. I wanted turn, and ask him what the hell his problem was, but I couldn't. I pretended not to notice him, and walked ahead. He able to keep pace with me, however, and that irritated me for a reason I couldn't place at the time.

"I noticed you had trouble with your math." He said as if talking about something mundane. I shrugged slightly.

"It's not that I was having trouble, I just couldn't focus." I quickened my pace, but he gripped my arm, and turned me to face him. I blushed as our faces came face to face with one another.

"Look, I tutor Yuuki in math because she has trouble with it, and I was going to offer you some help." I felt my heart quicken in a way that I couldn't understand, and my face was flushed of color. I swallowed to attempt to give my suddenly dry throat some wetness back, and snapped my arm from his grip.

"I would be very grateful if you would not grab me like that ever again." I turned again, and walked away. He didn't follow, and I almost regretted it.

~.~.~.~

School passed, and once again, it was time to patrol. While trying to keep the fangirl-ish, annoying, day class students from the vampire Night students, also keeping on guard against Aidou, and his flirting with the Day class students, I again made eye contact with Akatsuki. He held it longer this time, and my heart quickened, but before anything could be said or done he dragged Aidou away with a slight smirk as he looked back at me for a second.

Later that Night, I was by myself, but I didn't practice my fight like I had the previous night. I didn't want to seem like a fool again. I was resting against a tree; listening to my music I had, while still trying to stay alert.

A twig broke not too far from where I was, and I sprang to my feel in a second, my hands resting on my anti-vampire sword without pulling it out.

"Whoa, calm down. I was just walking around, and I didn't mean to frighten you." I relaxed slightly as Akatsuki came into view. My face flushed, and I looked away quickly. I noticed from my peripheral vision that he was leaning against the tree, an unreadable emotion passing through his eyes for a moment before he smiled small in amusement. I got annoyed by the expression. What the hell about me was so damn amusing? "Word around the Night Class is that you're a vampire Hunter, and you got sent here from the Association. Anybody on your hit list?" I cleared my throat, and turned to look at him fully before answering.

"Nope, unless one of you vampires gives me a reason to kill one of you." His amused smile, turned into a smirk, and he nodded slightly.

"And what would count as a reason to kill us?" Something about his tone, made me afraid, but I didn't let me slight fear show through.

"Guess that's for me to know, and for you to find out." I shrugged, and again turned around so I wouldn't have to face him. I still felt his eyes on me, but I couldn't acknowledge him.

"That Zero Kiryuu seems to really be interested in you. I wonder why that is." I blushed, and shook my head.

"Don't you have a class to get to?" I said grumpily. I felt him smirk, and then walk away. My face heated up, and I waited until it cooled down to continue to patrol.

the bond in bloody rosesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara