Night Twenty-Three

Night Twenty-Three:

The next day I woke up earlier than anyone else. I was still used to my stupid school schedule. I sighed as I stared at the ceiling, the early morning sunlight streaming through the window.

It felt strange to be in my bedroom again. It felt like I had been gone for so long, but I knew I was not gone from home that long. But, then again, this home never really felt like home. It never felt like my home. It always felt like a strangers home.

The bed was still large with black sheets, and a blue comforter. There was still a window to my left, right next to my blue painted, wooden nightstand with the golden lamp. The window still had the same, red, see through curtains over them. The walls were still painted the same light, sky blue. There was still an entertainment center that held my books, my journals, and my radio where I listened to my music. There was still a closet door to the far left where I stored my clothes, shoes, and weapons. Everything was the same, but it still felt like a strangers room.

It was strange to be in my own home, in my own room, when everything felt like a stranger's room. Like I was still in school, and that I would wake up at any moment in time, and I'd e back in school.

I sighed heavily, turning on my side. I noticed I had forgotten to unpack one of my smaller suitcases the night before. Perhaps I had avoided it due to the folder being in there as well. I didn't want my father to see that, and get Mikami into trouble. However, I knew that if I didn't unpack it, and put stuff where it belongs, than I, myself would get into trouble, but I didn't want to make a bunch of noise, and wake everyone up either.

I sighed, getting up quietly, and scooting the suitcase to me. I unzipped it as quietly as I could, and got out the folder. I took out the pictures of the family, and studied them closely.

The Tomita family, huh.

I thought with a sigh as I touched the picture of the woman. SHe was just so beautiful. But what do you expect from a pureblood. They were always exceptionally beautiful.

Koume Yamane. That's your name. Your husband's name was Toma Tomita. You had a son, Shion. A girl named Mirari, and a girl named Saki. I can't help to think that there's more than just those three, and I can't help but to get da ja vu with these names. I just know I've heard them before. I just don't know where from though. Man, this is pissing me off.

I sighed, running my hands through my hair. This whole thing was giving me a headache. Sighing, I put the folders into the night stand's drawer, and then got up with a stretch, and a groan.

"Sis, you up?" I gasped slightly in surprise as I heard Mikami's voice.

"Um, one moment!" I called out as I walked to my closet, and grabbed my blue robe that hung on the door, and put it around myself, and walked to the door."Um, what's up?" I asked with a smile as I opened the door.

"I just wanted to make sure you were ok. You seemed kinda out of it last night." I shrugged slightly as Mikami's eyes jumped behind me, and into my room, as if he were looking for something. He then looked at me with a smile as he leaned against the door." Father is allowing me, Mizuki, and Ruri out for the day so we can get caught up, and get to know Kyou a bit better. Did you want to come as well?" I smiled, and nodded.

"Sure. Just let me get a shower in, and get dressed, and ready, and I'll go with ya." Mikami nodded, stepping back slightly, I was getting ready to close the door when he stopped it with his hands. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised slightly.

"Did you ever get a chance to look at the folder?" He asked in a low whisper. I felt my throat go dry, and my heart sped up, and I nodded.

"Y-yeah. Why?" Mikami shrugged slightly as he stepped back.