Night Eleven

Night Eleven:

I had to admit that as the next day was coming to an end, I was sad knowing that Mother and Mikami were leaving so soon. I know they tended to annoy me, and we got into the occasion fight, but what family didn't have those moments? When it came right down to it, I really did love them. I hadn't realized just how much I had missed them until it was the day of their depature.

The day started out just like any other day. We had breakfeast, there were games, and stuff like of that sort. I still had to sit out due to my injury, only this time Mother stuck beside Mikami and me. My ankle had throbbed in pain most of the day, so we mostly tried to keep me off of it most of the day. We had spent much of the time in my dorm room, just catching up on each others lives. Mother even cracked a smile, and even laughed a few times, and that felt so good to hear once again. It had been some time since I had last heard my mother's laugh, I had almost forgotten what it sounded like.

"We can't wait for you to come home, Sakika. Even Father is excited for you to come home, even if he doesn't say it. Or show it." Mother said with a soft smille. I nodded slightly, and glanced out the window to see some of my fellow classmates showing their families the grounds.

" He's just excited about the mission the Assocation might send me on when I get home. I don't think he's actually excited about the prospect of me going home."

"Don't be ridiculous, Honey. Father loves you just as much as the rest of us."

"Hmm..." Was my response. I didn't feel like talking about Father." How's Mizuki? Any word from him?"

"Yeah. He was dating some forgein girl last I heard from him. He was talking about settling down, and starting a family." Mikami announced as if he had just heard the wildest, craziest story he had ever heard. Then again, Mikami had always said that he was never going to marry.

"Well, just as long as he knows what he's getting into. I was hoping none of my children married young like I did." Mother said with a somewhat sad tone. Then again, her and Father married when he was seventeen, and she was just sixteen.

"Just as long as he's happy." I smiled slightly. Mother nodded, and cleared her throat.

"He says he wants to come down, and visit when you come down for the holidays."

"That's good. It'll be nice seeing him." I smiled as I thought of Mizuki returning home, but some part of me still knew that the chances of him going through with his plans were slim to none. He was never one to fully keep his word, espically when it came to his promises of visting home.

"Yes. It will." Mother agreed before silence fell between us again.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Sometime later, just before we had to go down to the Dining Hall for dinner, there was a knock on the door. Mother, Mikami, and I all looked towards the door.

"Come in." I announced after clearing my throat.

"The Head Master wanted us to bring you guys some lunch because you guys missed out." I smiled at Zero as both he and Yuuki walked into the room, Zero was carrying the tray of food.

"Oh. How kind of him. Thank you." Mother smiled as Yuuki set up a small tray to put the food down on it. Once the tray was set, Zero set the tray of food down. Mother looked at me." Are you hungry?" I shook my head with another smile.

"No. You guys go on, and eat." I glanced over at Zero, and for a moment our eyes met. His look hardened than softened for a moment.

"You should eat too, Sakika." Yuuki said after my family began eating. I again shook my head.