Night Eight

Night Eight:

The rest of the day, I spent listening intently in classes for the first time in a really long time, but occasionally my thoughts drifted back towards the rose that was left on my dresser. Who the hell snuck into my room at night to give me a rose? I couldn't help but feel a little excited at the prospect of playing detective to find out who was leaving me the roses. I know Yuuki was trying to give me hints, but it was still hard to figure out who it was now that everyone in the Night Class seemed interested in me.

It then clicked into my mind. If Yuuki was penning these notes, then she knew exactly who it could be that leaving me the roses. I made up my mind to slowly throw hints towards her to tell, and I did try my best to throw those hints to her. Wether she knew what I was talking about, and ignoring it, or seriously didn't know what I was talking about was a matter to figure out for another time, but nonetheless, I tried to get her to tell me.

Eventually, lunchtime rolled around, and I had almost forgotten about the promised meeting until I saw Takuma waiting for me. I felt my surprisingly good mood almost instantaneously being replaced by a slight apprehension. Just what the hell was I thinking the previous night, agreeing to this meeting?

"I'm so glad you agreed to meet us, Miss Sakika." Takuma smiled wider at me as we hurried not to be seen. I didn't reply as I tried my best to keep up with his fast pace. In no time, we had reached the Moon Dormitory.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I wasn't sure what I had expected Kanama Kuran to act. I know what he was among the vampires. He was the top of the top. He was of the royal Kuran lineage. A rare pureblood vampire. Somehow, I had expected him to exude more power than he really did at the time. In fact, he had appeared somewhat reserved, as expected, but there was a type of...Well something that I couldn't exactly put my finger on at all.

Kaname looked up at us as we entered the room. He almost looked like it pained him to see me standing there before him, but it seemed like he wanted me at ease. It was an odd combination.

"Why don't you guys sit, and talk like I'm not here. I'm just looking over these paperworks from The Senate." I wasn't too sure how to feel about that, so I merely nodded slightly.

Takuma pulled up a seat beside me, across from Kuran, and smiled at me as he leaned forward. I instinctively pulled back. Kuran glanced up at me before his eyes met Takuma's eyes. There seemed to be a silent communication going on before Kaname looked back at the paper work. Takuma looked back at me with a strained smile as he sat back in the chair, which allowed me to relax.

"Have I mentioned I'm really happy you decided to spend your lunch with us? Oh, are you hungry? I can have the maid bring up something really-"

"No. I mean, no thanks. I'm really not that hungry. I can wait until dinner." Takuma seemed to almost deflate slightly. Like I had actually insulted him in a way. I felt bad. "Well...I guess one sandwhich with mayo, and a side of those really salty chips, and a glass of...I don't know juice wouldn't be bad." I gave in after a moment of thinking it over. My stomach growled slightly, making me blush as Takuma smiled." Oh, and maybe something sweet too. Nothing too big for desert."

"That can be arranged. Now if you'll wait a moment, I'll tell the maid, and it will be brought over in no time. Oh, what kind of meat?"

"Umm, it doesn't matter. Surprise me."

"Right. I'll be right back!" I felt my body tense up the moment I knew he was serious about leaving me alone with Kuran. In almost no time at all, Takuma was out the door, leaving me alone with the pureblood.