Night Nine

Night Nine:

Ah, Parent's Week...What could I really say about it? It was...Taxing on me worrying about what they would think about all this. I knew my father wouldn't be around this time, Mikami had explained that Father had an important assignment during that time which is why he was coming in his absence. I had to admit that I liked the thought of him coming more than my father. Father...Father was really reserved, and quiet aloof. I knew he wouldn't be very welcoming to anyone here. Mikami was a bit more open minded. My mother, on the other hand, was not so narrow-minded as my father but she still had her reservations. She was the first to protest me coming here, while my father had been the one to enroll me. I mostly thought it was out of protection towards her children, and me her youngest daughter.

Anyways, when the day came around, our classes were called off for the occasion, and we were even allowed to out of our school uniforms. I was more than happy to be back in my jeans, and simply black t-shirt. The day they came, I had put my hair up into a ponytail, and slipped into my brown jacket as I waited for them outside. I didn't have to wait long. They quickly pulled up, and the first one out was my brother.

My brother was a tall man of nineteen. He had a lean built to him, and was slight pale. He had messy, ear length brown-blonde hair, and beautifully colored green eyes. He had a scar on the left side of his face that went from his cheekbone and zig-zagged to the outer side of his lip before ending just a little bit on his chin. It had taken some away from his general good looks. He was normally a very casual dresser, very much matching his personality, but that day it was obvious he had taken time in his appearance. His usually untamed hair appeared to be gelled back, but still framing his face. He had a crisp, fashionable dark colored suite on him, and shiny, brand new looking, dress shoes.

"Hey, Kiddo." He announced in his somewhat light voice.

"Mikami, it's good to see you." I muffled into his sleeve as he pulled me into a bone crushing hug, lifting me off the ground slightly. I put my hands on his chest, attempting to push myself away from him before anymore embarrassment ensued due to him. He laughed, and sat me on the ground. I looked up to my mother as she carefully stepped out of the car.

My mother still retained a bit of her looks that she must have had in her youth, though signs of aging were clearly beginning to show through her slight crow's feet around her eyes, but otherwise she had a smooth complexion with no flaws whatsoever. She had rather large, almond-shaped, green eyes that were much like Mikami's eye color. She had pale skin, and had a thin, but curvy build about her. She had a oval shaped face that was framed by brown, wavy hair, which was usually up in messy bun. She dressed rather conservatively off duty, but looked somewhat casually for her that day with her turtle neck, white sweater, and black pants, and boots. She also had on dark colored gloves.

"Sakika, we never got a letter back." I blushed immediately, and looked away. Of course that would be the first thing she would say. I should have known."It's ok. I understand that you're busy here." I smiled back at her with her kind words, and hugged both her and my brother.

"It's really good seeing you guys. You have no idea just how crazy thing shave been here." My brother chuckled, and patted my back before I pulled away."Come, I'll show you guys my dorm, and room." They nodded wordlessly, and followed me into the school grounds.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

The first day of Parent's week was filled with activities, meant to show the parents all the fun, and educational things we do here at Cross Academy. The choir club sang some songs they had been learning. Some students recited poetry. They even let some of the better horse riders show off with a bit of a show. We had quiet a good lunch, provided with a desert that the Cooking Club had made themselves. Headmaster Cross than provided a full scale tour of the grounds, which included a full explanation of our classes, and even answered what he could about the Night Class, which he explained as older college students, and how we kept them separated.