Chapter 34

Yip's headquarter was located in the heart of Central Business District. Within the magnificent office buildings, the dark gray tall skyscraper seems grand and striking.

To avoid alerting them, Ji Bai hadn't come with many people today. He, Xu Xu, and officer Wu waited at an elegant reception room for a moment, when the door is opened, Yao Meng smiled and came together with a reception staff.

"Boss, everything is arranged, we can begin now." Yao Meng sounded clear and direct.

The efficiency is always high whenever Yao Meng got involved in liaison work. Ji Bai smiled and nodded: "You worked hard."

The marble floor was sparkling; the spacious office area was quiet and busy. There is only the sound of typing on the keyboard and footsteps. Ji bai and Xu Xu followed the administration staff through the long and narrow aisle full of sunlight. Time and again a staff would look up to observe Xu Xu and Ji Bai. Their eyes having doubts, vigilance, but also interest.

The office of the oldest brother, Ye Zi Qiang, was at the end of the hallway.

The major industries of Yip included real estate, auto parts production and trade, IT, and food. Ye Zi Qiang was in charge of production and purchase of materials.

The spacious office could accommodate up to fifty people. But, the décor is consistent with the general office area outside, without any personalized luxuries.

Ji Bai faintly smiled as he sat down: "Excuse us, thank you for your cooperation with the police."

Ye Zi Qiang's expressionless face showed a trace of a smile: "I should, I wish for the murderer to get caught soon." He's forty this year, tall and has a slightly fattened build making you looked a bit aggressive. The smile helped him look a lot gentler.

While the two were speaking, Xu Xu quickly observed the surroundings. The bookshelf was full to the brim, most of them are on economic management, as well as some military books, and several Swiss Army knives as decorations. Could be said that the interests of the eldest son of the Ye family had the manly style similar to his masculine appearance. Other than that, there are also some books and magazines more confusingly scattered in the shelf like fashion, cars, movies, and bestseller novels.

In addition to the office supplies on the table, there was box of cigarette, keys. Xu Xu couldn't find anything out of the usual.

After asking a few perfunctory questions, Ji Bai cut to the chase: "According to the procedure, we need to ask for your schedule on the day of the murder."

Ye Zi Qiang stared at Ji Bai. Because the smile on his face stopped, he looked a bit fierce: "The policed already asked about it."

Ji Bai very lightly smiled: "We will ask in more detail this time."

Ye Zi Qiang lowered his voice: "Fine. I also have a meeting at ten, try to do it as fast as possible."

Ye Zi with Qiang's statement was consistent with the previous one done with officer Wu: "Around six thirty that day, I ate dinner with third sister's husband Zhang Shi Yong. We drove around the city to buy my wife pastries at generations old bakery and then drove home. On the way, I received a call from second sister about the approval of a batch of raw materials. I was about to drive home, however midway I received a call from overseas telephone marketers. I turned back to the company, worked from ten o'clock till two in the morning."