Chapter 56.1

"Pregnant."

The dim light of morning glimmered faintly outside the window. Inside the room, it was warm and quiet. Both of them looked at each other, and for a moment, they did not say anything.

It was early in the morning and Ji Bai was really stunned by the news that he could not think clearly. However, he was stunned only for a brief moment. Joy quickly and quietly spread through his being like fields of flourishing, fresh, green grass.

He pulled her into his arms, and said softly: "Didn't I always use condoms? You were also taking oral contraceptives."

There was a period of time when Ji Bai didn't use condoms, and Xu Xu took a commonly available contraceptive, safe for long-term use. She replied in a muffled voice: "Lin City's weather is humid, maybe the contraceptives got damp. Also, wasn't there one time where the condom was rubbed off?"

Ji Bai stared at her for a moment, then held both her hands tightly in his own. With a hint of a smile in his voice: "I'm to blame."

Xu Xu lowered her head and did not say anything.

Seeing her so quiet and solemn, Ji Bai's heart thumped loudly.

In truth, if Xu Xu wanted to abort the baby, Ji Bai would not be too upset. She had just graduated and was still young, without any prior plans to have children. In addition, with her independent character, and her dedication to her work, it was highly likely that she would make such a choice.

However, Ji Bai's upbringing had drummed into him that abortion was something that should never happen.

Moreover, how could he let his woman undergo an abortion? It would cause too much harm to the body.

He raised his eyes and looked at her quiet and pale little face, and a warm tenderness spread through his entire being. However, persuading her to keep the baby was not without its uncertainties. After some deep thought, he was just about to speak when he saw her suddenly lift her head to look at him resolutely.

Ji Bai felt a sudden tightness in the pit of his stomach.

Xu Xu stared at him and said: "We'll still have to go to the hospital to confirm it, but it's pretty much certain."

She continued, haltingly: "If I'm pregnant, frankly, no matter what you think, I still want to keep this baby."

Outside the window, the sky brightened slightly. The surroundings were peaceful and quiet, with a dream-like quality. Ji Bai looked at her black, crystal clear eyes, and waves of warmth and joy surged in his heart.

Perhaps due to Ji Bai's lingering silence, Xu Xu's brows furrowed, and she methodically continued her explanation: "I have made this decision after thorough consideration: 25 or 26 is the best age for a woman to bear a child, and abortion would definitely harm the body. Moreover, this is clearly a life, I am unable to accept . . . "

"Alright." A deep, resonant voice interrupted her exposition. Ji Bai pulled her into his arms swiftly, and bent his head to kiss her.

Their lips and tongues were enthusiastically entangled for a moment before Ji Bai finally released her, his black eyes constantly on her face. His voice held a tinge of amusement as he said: "Since you want to have the baby, I will of course, listen to you."

Xu Xu could not help but laugh.

In fact, after she had discovered the pregnancy, she had been heavy-hearted the entire night. Although she had made a prompt decision to have the baby, in the end, this situation was a major one, and she had not been prepared for it. Thus, how would she be able to feel relief? However, faced with Ji Bai's obvious joy and approval, she was greatly comforted.