Chapter 41

Early in the morning, with a gloomy sky and chilly air, Xu Xu was driving on the empty road.

Yesterday Ji Bai said the morning exercise would resume a few days later. She thought that she would be able to rest comfortably. Surprisingly, after the case ended, the biological clock on routine, once again, she automatically opened her eyes at five this morning, wide awake.

Just go with the flow.

It was the beginning of summer, the sky became bright early. Arriving at the entrance of the stadium, Xu Xu could already see countless people exercising, running past in front of her. Xu Xu habitually eyed around the stadium, but she couldn't find Ji Bai's figure. After that, she started to run slowly.

Today, Ji Bai had gotten up on time. After many years of being a police officer, he had already adapted to the reversed day and night, and exhaustion during the major cases. After the case ended, he could naturally return to his daily routine.

He had finished with the exercise equipment. Ji Bai was dripping with sweat, sitting on equipment resting, he readily looked in the new "slender" folder on his mobile phone. Hearing familiar footsteps, Ji Bai immediately looked up and saw the petite girl run past.

Ji Bai looked at her slender body, lips slightly curled up, he put away the phone in his pocket and followed her.

Hearing the calm and strong footsteps from behind, Xu Xu, by habit, moved to the inside to make way for others. That person was running closer and closer, his body heat passing by her shoulder. After that, her head was patted.

Xu Xu looked up to see that Ji Bai's tall body was right in front of her, his angular face was soaked with sweat, smiles appearing in his eyes.

Xu Xu faintly smiled in surprise: "Master."

Ji Bai's heart was at ease, indifferently nodding: "How many laps?"

"Half a lap."

"Continue to run."

However, a tall and strong man like Ji Bai suddenly slowed down to jog beside Xu Xu, this was too eye-catching. An acquaintance from the economic investigation section ran back, a faint smile across his face.

Ji Bai calmly greeted him. But he had no intention to keep jogging at her snail speed. After a while, the two were in a distance. While jogging alone, Ji Bai thought: "It isn't good to go on like this. Haven't succeeded pursuing, reputation would be affected." Ji Bai would never want his private affair to become the center of attention, Xu Xu also wouldn't. Moreover, in most cases, public opinions were likely to be counterproductive.

It seemed that he needed to be more low-key and act in a pragmatic manner.

Finished jogging, the two sat in the meeting room, quietly reading the newspaper and eating breakfast under the sunlight as usual.

Ji Bai suddenly asked: "How's your shooting and strength training progress?

Xu Xu replied: "I do strength training every day at home. Starting this weekend, I'm planning to go practice shooting."

Ji Bai stayed silent, after a while, he put away the newspaper and faintly said: "Do you have any problems with shooting techniques?"

Xu Xu knew that his marksmanship was number one in the city, but to kill chickens, a person doesn't need the knife used to kill bulls*, she wasn't planning on troubling him: "Thank you, Master, not any at the moment. I made plans with Zhao Han on this weekend, he will teach me how to shoot."

** The knife that can kill bull is Ji Bai and kill chickens is like practice shooting

Ji Bai glanced at her: "Zhao Han's marksmanship is not bad, work hard on learning from him."